Easy Millionaire Shortbread Bites Recipe
Dec 07, 2020, Updated Aug 12, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Millionaire Shortbread Bites Recipe – delicious easy shortcut millionaire shortbreads made with shortbread cookies, caramel candies, and dipped in chocolate!
If you love the buttery caramel flavor of Millionaires Bars – caramel and shortbread covered in chocolate, you’re going to LOVE this easy shortcut recipe!
We’re baking just enough to melt the caramel candies – only a few minutes – for a super simple recipe anyone can make.
If you love our easy peppermint buttercreams recipe or our , you’ll LOVE these
This is a crispier, crunchier version of a Millionaires bar – a bit like a combination of a Heath Bar/Toffee and a Twix Bar.
If you’d like a softer caramel chew, please click on the “soft caramel method” in the table of contents below.
I hope you love these easy cookies as much as I do!
We have a lot of readers on Sweet C’s who hav e asked us for more information in their recipes – and plenty who’d like to get straight to the cooking.
To better serve both audiences, we’ve loaded this post with information to make our loyal readers feel confident in the kitchen – while also adding a “skip to recipe” button in the top left corner, and a clickable table of contents below – so you can get straight to the information you need.
Table of contents
Shortcut Millionaires Bars
If you love the delicious flavor of Twix bars, this recipe is for you!
They are a huge shortcut to making Millionaires Bars at home – and save a TON of time.
Soft Caramel Method
If you want slightly smoother and softer caramel, you can add 1 tablespoon of heavy cream when melting the caramel – be sure to whisk in vigorously.
Then add about 1 teaspoon of melted caramel to the top of each cookie and let set.
This method doesn’t require baking – so it does save a bit of time – but is more hands on since you’ll then pour the caramel onto each cookie.
How to Melt Chocolate
Melting chocolate can be a bit tricky if it burns – so we’re outlining two super-simple, crazy easy to get perfect melted chocolate that is perfect for dipping – that is smooth enough to dip buckeyes in, without running all over.
There are two methods outlined below that you can use – but the best way to melt chocolate for me is always using a double boiler method.
Double Boiler Method
Using a double boiler (or a small pan, nested into a larger pan with water in it), add chocolate and bring the water in the bottom pan to a boil, stirring the chocolate as it melts.
Don’t overcook chocolate, or it will seize up – and be sure to stir frequently to prevent burning.
To buy a double boiler, click here.
If you’d like to save time, or don’t have a double boiler or pans you can nest, you can microwave this chocolate to melt as well.
Microwave chocolate or chocolate wafers in 30 second bursts, and stir in between each burst, to prevent chocolate from burning. Often chocolate melts around the bottom and the sides – and will burn if microwaved again – when a simple stir could’ve melted the remaining solid chocolate.
Easy Christmas Cookies You’ll Love
If you’re looking for easy and delicious Christmas cookies that are perfect for giving to friends and neighbors, you can’t beat these delicious, easy classic cookie recipes!
Each is simple enough for even beginners to make – and are loaded with flavor your family will love!
To see our complete Christmas cookie archive, please click here.
You can also see all of our deliciously easy desserts in our Dessert Recipe Index here.
A millionaire bar has a caramel layer over a cookie base, dipped in chocolate – like a Twix bar.
Place leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Frozen millionaires bars in an airtight container can last up to 4 months.
If you want slightly smoother and softer caramel you can add 1 tablespoon of heavy cream as described in our softer caramel section above.
We suggest Lorna Doone cookies for an easy shortcut shortbread cookie base for Millionaires Bars.
Easy Millionaire Shortbread Bites Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 40 square shortbread cookies
- 20 chewy caramels
- 2 cups chocolate melting wafers
- Sprinkles, optional
- Sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the shortbread cookies on the baking sheet at least ¼ inch apart.
- Slice the caramels in half and place a half on each of the shortbread cookies.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes until the caramels have melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool, about 20 minutes.
- Once the caramel is hardened enough that you can touch it without it being sticky, microwave the chocolate melting wafers in a medium bowl on 30-second intervals until melted.
- Drop the cookies caramel side down in the chocolate then use a fork to gently flip them and scoop them out of the bowl, scraping off any excess chocolate before placing them back on the baking sheet to set.
- Repeat with all cookies and top with sprinkles or sea salt before the chocolate hardens.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- I used Lorna Doone Shortbread Cookies. They are easily found, square, and don't have holes so the caramel doesn't seem through.
- I used kraft chewy caramels.
- If you cannot find melting wafers, you can substitute with 2 cups of chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- The caramel hardens after baking and becomes more toffee-like which makes them easily dippable. These have a slightly chewier texture than a Heath Bar but that's the closest thing I can describe them to. Not quite as soft as traditional millionaire bars.
- You can also make these my melting the caramels in a lightly greased microwave-safe bowl on 30-second intervals, stirring between each one until melted or in a light greased pot on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
Nutrition InformationYield 40 Serving Size 1 shortbread bite
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 2mgSodium 78mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 0gSugar 10gProtein 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorite Recipes
If you love these easy homemade Twix bar bites, please check out our favorite recipes – as voted by our loyal readers!
These tried and true recipes are our reader favorites for their family friendly flavor, I hope you love them as much as we do!