Can you believe tonight is the official start of autumn? It’s still warm here in Colorado, but my mind is firmly set in fall- and eagerly awaiting halloween! My kids are so in love with dressing up, checking out pumpkins and munching halloween treats this year, so I’m trying to maximize the fun by coming up with some fun new recipes. This Halloween Bark is incredibly quick and easy to make, and is so delicious! It’s perfect for a party, as a snack, or in little trick or treat bags (if you know the kiddos, obviously).
This Halloween Bark is full of kit kats, pretzels, candy corn and delicious chocolate. It’s sure to be the biggest hit of any halloween party- and it takes under 5 minutes to make! We’re just microwaving, dumping and letting it set. Seriously… could an addictive treat like this be ANY easier? And it’s a fun twist on the ever popular Cowboy Bark from Trader Joes- just in time for halloween!
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 3 kit cats (3 full size packages, 6 individual bars), crushed
- ¾ cup pretzels
- ⅓ cup candy corn
- Melt chocolate chips by microwaving for 40 seconds at a time and stirring vigorously in between each zapping. (Stir hard- you'll find they start to melt from their own heat, and this will keep them from burning).
- Lay out a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper over it.
- Pour melted chocolate into baking sheet and add kit kats, pretzels, and candy corn all over.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
This bark is primarily chocolate, so it does melt. Like, all over my daughter. Oy! Simply pop it back in the fridge to re-set if it melts a bit, and keep it out of the heat, like you would any chocolate candy. Hope you enjoy!