Can you believe it's almost Halloween? This quick and easy bark is the perfect sweet and salty treat for this spooky time of year.
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Sweet, Salty, and Spooky Halloween Bark
Can you believe tonight is the official start of autumn? Halloween Bark is incredibly quick and easy to make and is so delicious! It's perfect for a party, as a snack, or in little trick or treat bags (if you know the kiddos, obviously).
This Halloween Bark is full of kit kats, pretzels, candy corn and delicious chocolate. It's sure to be the biggest hit of any halloween party- and it takes under 5 minutes to make! We're just microwaving, dumping and letting it set. Seriously... could an addictive treat like this be ANY easier?
How to Make Halloween Bark
First gather the following ingredients:
- Milk chocolate chips - I prefer to use milk chocolate chips in this recipe since they melt well and have a richer taste than dark chocolate. I like to use semi-sweet since it isnt overly sweet with all the other candies in the bark.
- Kit Cats - Kit cats have a nice wafer inside that gives this bark a good crunch. Make sure you break them up well so that they distribute evenly.
- Pretzels - Pretzels are the secret weapon in this Halloween bark. They give some structure and have salt which gives that sweet and salty dynamic to this treat.
- Candy Corn - Candy corn is known for its waxy texture which gives these a nice chew and a candy element that isn't chocolate.
How to Make Halloween Bark
Step 1 – Melt the chocolate chips, make sure you stir in between zaps in the microwave.
Step 2 – Lay out a baking sheet and put a big piece of parchment paper over it. I like to stray it with non-stick spray too to ensure the bark will not stick. Pour the melted chocolate on the prepared sheet and push the broken-up candies and pretzels all over it.
Step 3 – Refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate doesn’t come off onto your fingers when you touch it. Cut it into as many pieces as you would like and share only if you want to.
Step 4 – Enjoy, trick or treat!
Tips and Tricks for Perfect Halloween Bark
Tip 1 – Crush the goodies up well. Make sure you crush the toppings up well to get an even distribution of everything. You want a little bit of everything in every piece.
Tip 2 – Mix up the candies. If you want to make a few different batches you can mix up the candies you use. I prefer one chocolate bar candy instead of the Kit Cats and one non chocolate candy in place of candy corn. Keep the pretzels though, it needs that salt and crunch.
You can use a different chocolate but remember white chocolate will be extremely sweet and dark chocolate will be a little bitter.
Halloween bark will keep for a few days in an airtight container. Make sure to keep it in the refrigerator so it doesn't melt.
If you like Halloween Bark you might also like these recipes.
If you love Halloween Bark you would also love Halloween Oreo Rice Krispie Treats, Spooky Halloween Punch, Pumpkin Bread Mini Pumpkins, and Instant Pot Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls.
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
FREE EMAIL SUBSCRIPTION
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 3 kit cats, 3 full size packages, 6 individual bars, crushed
- ¾ cup pretzels
- ⅓ cup candy corn
- Melt chocolate chips by microwaving for 40 seconds at a time and stirring vigorously in between each zapping. (Stir hard- you'll find they start to melt from their own heat, and this will keep them from burning).
- Lay out a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper over it.
- Pour melted chocolate into baking sheet and add kit kats, pretzels, and candy corn all over.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to set.
Amount Per Serving Calories 107Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 3mgSodium 50mgCarbohydrates 16gNet Carbohydrates 0gFiber 1gSugar 12gSugar Alcohols 0gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Served this at our party this past weekend, and everyone commented on how cute it was. Plus, it was delicious!
Oh this looks like fun! I can’t wait to try this recipe!!
Hey Courtney, thanks for putting up the recipe so beautifully. I'll definitely tell my wife to check it out. Would love to try this as a cheat meal next weekend.
Keep coming up with such amazing stuff 😀
Kara Mathys @Wellnessgrit
Fantastic photos, and amazing looking halloween bark! I am obsessed with milk chocolate chips! I'll definitely try it! Thanks a lot for sharing, Courtney!