Honey Lime Jalapeno Salmon is bursting with sweet and spicy salmon flavor - in just one pan for a delicious, quick healthy dinner!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Quick and Healthy Honey Lime Jalapeno Salmon
Salmon is one of my absolute favorite things to make for dinner. It's easy, delicious, full of color and flavor - and it consistently comes out fabulously, even when I'm running short on time.
This salmon is so deliciously easy - it can be done in under 20 minutes, and doesn't give off any fishy smell whatsoever. I didn't really get to eat a lot of fish growing up because my dad is a little skittish about the smell of fish - so we didn't really have a ton of it at home - which is a shame, because I really really love Salmon.
How to make Honey Lime Jalapeno Salmon
Assemble the following ingredients:
- Grapeseed oil - you can use any oil you prefer but I like grapeseed because it has a high smoke point.
- Salmon - use as fresh of salmon as you can get. If you get wild salmon be aware it may have some bones in it so be careful when eating.
- Lime juice - lime juice gives the salmon a bright acidic flavor that elevates the flavor of the fish.
- Sea salt - you need salt to season the fish, it will also bring out the flavor of the jalapenos.
- Garlic - garlic has a strong earthy flavor. Use minced or pressed garlic for a well distributed flavor.
- Jalapeno - fresh jalapeno cut into thin rings will give you a nice spicy sauce, wear gloves when cutting the jalapeno.
- Honey - honey is a perfect sweetener since it will distribute well throughout the sauce and doesn't need to dissolve like granulated sugar.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use the following method
Mix the sauce. Mix the lime juice, garlic, jalapenos, and honey in a small bowl.
Sear and cook the salmon. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan to medium high heat till shimmery. Add the salmon, skin side up and cook until crispy, about 7 minutes. Flip salmon and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the sauce. Drizzle the sauce over the salmon and cook for another 5-10 minutes spooning the sauce over the top of the salmon. Cook until salmon is flakey and light pink. Serve immediately!
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Honey Lime Jalapeno Salmon
Don't overcook. The last thing you want to do is overcook the salmon. You can test you salmon for doneness by trying to flake it with a fork.
Wear gloves. If you don't want burning eyes, wear gloves when cutting the jalapenos and make sure you don't touch your eyes or nose.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Reheat in a hot skillet or in the microwave.
For a low carb side I recommend my go-to cauliflower rice!
What to enjoy with your Honey Lime Jalapeno Salmon
Check out these other recipes you can enjoy alongside your salmon!
If you are a seafood fan you should try my broiled lobster tails, mini crab cakes, or sesame ginger grilled tuna steaks.
Click here to see all our seafood recipes!
Honey Lime Jalapeno Salmon Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Honey Lime Jalapeno Salmon
This delicious and healthy salmon is packed with lime acid and spicy jalapeno flavor.
- 2 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lb Salmon
- 4 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 jalapeno, ½ cut into thin rings
- 2 tablespoon honey
- Add lime juice, honey, garlic, and jalapeno into bowl and mix well.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium high until shimmery.
- Season the salmon with the sea salt. Add salmon to the hot pan, skin side up, and cook until crisp and browned on one side - about 7 minutes.
- Flip salmon onto skin, and cook five minutes.
- Drizzle honey jalapeno lime mixture over salmon as it cooks another 5-10 minutes, until salmon is firm and turns light pink. Spoon honey lime mixture that has dribbled off salmon back onto the top as needed.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Pack of 2 Silicone Solid Turner ,Non Stick Slotted Kitchen Spatulas ,High Heat Resistant BPA Free Cooking Utensils ,Ideal Cookware for Fish ,Eggs ,Pancakes (Gray)
TAJ Premium Garlic Paste,Fresh Garlic Cooking Paste, 750g
KitchenAid 3-Ply Base Brushed Stainless Steel Nonstick Fry Pan/Skillet, 12 Inch
Amount Per Serving Calories 337Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 71mgSodium 71mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 25g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Leave a Reply