If you want to grill without the hassle you need this super simple Ninja Indoor Grill Steak Recipe in your life! Rain or shine you can get a perfect steak every time!
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Indoor Grill Steak
There are few things carnivores like me enjoy more than a butter enhanced steak. This recipe is so simple and saves you the hassle of grilling while still satisfying your need for some rich savory red meat.
In addition to being easy and steak (therefore delicious) this recipe is keto and paleo friendly and very high in protein. I definitely recommend you invest in the base ingredient in this case and buy a high quality steak, you will taste the difference. My husband and I absolutely love Omaha steaks and I highly recommend their free range beef.
How To Make Ninja Grilled Steaks
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- New York Strip Steak, Filet Mignon, or Ribeye - for this recipe you want to choose a cut that is from the tenderloin or rib section. Different cuts have different amounts of fat and are more or less tender based on the muscle density. You want a little bit of white fat in your steaks but not excessive fat. Trim it if necessary.
- Avocado Oil - this steak cooks at a very high temperature so you need to use an oil that has a high smoke point or you might accidentally set off your fire alarm as the Ninja grill is preheating.
- Butter - butter is essential in this recipe since it will add some additional flavor and fat to the recipe. It will soak into the meat as it cooks and lend that rich flavor only butter has.
- Steak Seasoning - use your favorite steak seasoning for this recipe. If you don't have any steak seasoning you can use 2 teaspoons of salt, ¾ teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper, and ¼ teaspoon of white pepper.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Step 1 - Prepare the meat. You always should let meat come to room temperature before cooking so you can control the temperature. If you don't have time for this step just know it will take a few more minutes to cook on each side and in total. Pat the meat completely dry with paper towels so it can sear well. Cover it in oil and season it generously with the steak seasoning. I like to massage the seasoning in to get a deeper flavor.
- Step 2 - Preheat the ninja grill by turning it to the maximum temperature for 5 - 10 minutes. If it is not piping hot the steak wont have a grill like firm exterior. We also want to trap all the moisture in the meat which requires a hot grill.
- Step 3 - Add the steaks to the ninja grill and add a pat of butter on each one. Close and let cook for 4 minutes. Flip the steaks and add another pat of butter on the other side and close for 4 more minutes. Turn off the grill but don't open the lid, let the steaks cook in the residual heat for 3 more minutes.
- Step 4 - Use a digital thermometer to check for the desired temperature (see tip #1 below for temperatures). When they are done remove them from the grill and let them rest at least 5 minutes before cutting into them. This will let the juices settle into the meat and result in a juicier steak.
- Step 5 - Enjoy and don't be afraid to add another big pat of butter or your favorite steak sauce.
Tips and Tricks To Perfect Ninja Grilled Steak:
Grilling a steak in a Ninja Grill is pretty simple but here are some tips and tricks that I hope you find helpful.
Check for doneness. For rare steak you want a temperature of 125?, medium rare 135?, medium 145?, medium well 150? and well done 160?. I always use a digital thermometer to get a quick reading so it can quickly get back to cooking if necessary.
Mix up the seasonings. If you want Mexican steak add some cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper instead of steak seasoning. If you are feeling Indian steak add some garam masala, cumin, cardamon, salt, and pepper. The possibilities are endless.
Be generous with the butter. Butter helps the steak sear and brown so don’t skimp on the butter.
If you have any steak left, let it cool completely then store in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the fridge.
If you don't want overcooked steak, avoid the microwave and opt for a pan on the stovetop if possible. Heat it very hot and quickly sear the steak for the best reheat result. Another option is to simply not heat it up again. I like to slice the leftovers cold and put it over a salad for lunch the next day. It makes your salad feel very fancy.
Marinating steak before grilling isn't required, but is a great way to add flavor and an extra tender, juicy texture.
What to serve with Steak?
Grilled steak is delicious with baked potatoes, creamed spinach, german potato salad, and of course the classic Surf and Turf broiled lobster tails - but we also love serving these steaks with a crunchy parmesan salad, a red pepper farro salad, or some wild rice pilaf!
Ninja Grilled Steak Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Delicious, tender, perfectly grilled steaks on a Ninja indoor grill.
- 2 new york strip, filet mignon, ribeye, or similar steaks
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil or other oil with high smoke point
- 4 tablespoon butter, cut into 8 small pats
- 1 tablespoon steak rub or seasoning
- Let steaks come to room temperature.
- Pat steaks completely dry with paper towel.
- Drizzle steaks with oil.
- Season well.
- Run grill at maximum temp for 5-10 minutes before adding steaks to air fryer to make sure machine is piping hot.
- Add steaks and cook 4 minutes, with two pats of butter on top of each steak. Flip steaks and cook additional 4 minutes with other two pats of butter on the other side.
- Turn the machine off and let the steaks cook in the residual heat without opening for 3 minutes.
- Check steak temperature - see tips and tricks section above for doneness temperatures. Remove and let rest if done, if you'd like it to gain a little more, leave in air fryer longer.
- Let steaks rest on a plate for five minutes after removing from air fryer before slicing or serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Amount Per Serving Calories 604Total Fat 50gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 158mgSodium 268mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 37g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.