Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe – creamy, rich soup loaded with tomatoes, green chilis, black beans, and shredded chicken!
This soup is rich, creamy, and delicious – and all you need to do is drop it in a slow cooker and let it do it’s thing!
You can also use pre-cooked chicken, leftover chicken, or previously cooked shredded chicken in this soup for even more flavor.
While this recipe includes black beans, which are not keto diet approved, this soup can be made keto by omitting the beans, or replacing them with diced cauliflower, bell peppers, or other vegetable that fits into your diet’s macros.
I hope you love this soup as much as we do!
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
What Chicken To Use For Enchilada Soup
If you’d like to skip some of the cooktime of this soup, you can use our easy boiled chicken recipe for delicious, flavorful shredded chicken.
You can also use leftover chicken, shredded, or a store-bought rotisserie chicken that you’ve shredded to bypass much of this enchilada soup’s cooking time.
We’re calling for chicken breasts in this recipe – but you can also use chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat.
If using chicken thighs, remove any fat, skin, or bones before cooking and shredding.
Other Easy Chicken Recipes
We love delicious, easy chicken recipes here – and have a thing for great chicken dishes!
You can find our complete chicken recipe archives here.
What To Serve With Enchilada Soup
We’re rounding up our favorite meals to pair with this soup here:
- Bacon Wrapped Cheddar and Garlic Jalapeno Poppers
- The Best Easy Buttery Soft Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Corn and Black Bean Pasta Salad with Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dressing
- Spicy Pineapple Mango Salsa – Whole Foods Knockoff
- Restaurant Style Instant Pot Pinto Beans
- Avocado Tomatillo Salsa Recipe
- Cheesy Taco Stuffed Avocados
- Easy Fried Tortilla Chips and Cheesy Green Chile and Pepper Dip
To make this soup keto approved, please omit black beans from this recipe.
This soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days – or frozen for up to four months.
Reheat to piping hot when serving leftovers.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Rich and creamy enchilada soup bursting with flavor from black beans, shredded chicken, green chili - just toss in the slow cooker!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes and green chili
- 1 16 oz bottle herdez salsa verde
- 1 cup shredded Mexican four cheese (or taco blend)
- 32 oz chicken broth
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 jalapeño (sliced)
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper
- Spray slow cooker with non stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Drain black beans and add to the slow cooker. Then add tomatoes with green Chilies, the entire contents of salsa verde bottle, Mexican cheese, and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours. (Or low 5 hours)
- Remove and shred the chicken.
- Add back to the slow cooker.
- Stir in sour cream and heavy whipping cream.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Serve and garnish with jalapeño slices, cilantro, and avocado slices.
Amount Per Serving Calories 321Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 80mgSodium 1226mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 7gSugar 5gProtein 28g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet Cs Favorites
If you love this easy enchilada soup recipe, be sure to check out our other reader favorite recipes!
These tried and true recipes are loaded with family friendly flavor everyone will love!