20 Minute Creamy Sausage and Mushroom Soup
Easy and hearty 20 Minute Creamy Sausage and Mushroom Soup is a delicious from-scratch mushroom and sausage chowder that is bursting with flavor in just one pot and under 20 minutes to make without store-bought mushroom soup for a filling meal the whole family loves and you can feel great about serving. This one pot mushroom and sausage soup is low carb, and is compatible with a keto or paleo low carb diet eating plan.
This creamy sausage and mushroom soup is a simple one pot mushroom and sausage chowder that is bursting with hearty, delicious flavors – and is oh so creamy – without any processed and canned soups – even though it’s lightening quick to make!
There is no need to use a canned soup mix in this incredibly indulgent soup – we’re building rich, delicious sausage and mushroom flavor quick in just one pot using fresh foods for a delicious creamy low carb soup that even works in a low carb keto or paleo diet!
This soup is so comforting and delicious, don’t be surprised when you’re making this hearty sausage and mushroom soup over and over again… it’s totally addictive!
To Make This Recipe, You’ll Need:
Large pot or Enameled Dutch Oven
Other Easy One Pot Soup Dinners You’ll Love:
If you love this easy and indulgent sausage and mushroom soup, be sure to check out some of my other hearty and quick one pot recipe favorites – each under 30 minutes and just one pot to prepare!
20 Minute Creamy Sausage and Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 1 lb Sausage , mild italian sausage or breakfast sausage, I prefer Jimmy Dean's
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Carrots, sliced into small chunks
- 2 Celery Stalks , diced
- 1/4 cup Garlic, Diced
- 12 oz beef stock
- 1 tbsp italian herb seasoning blend
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat oil on medium high until shimmery.
- Add sausage and crumble.
- As sausage starts to brown (after about 5 minutes), add garlic, onion, celery, and carrots.
- Let brown, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking or burning, about 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms halfway through vegetables and sausage are browning.
- Add stock and turn heat to high, let reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in herb seasonings.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream, whisking as you add to soup.
- Return to medium high heat for 5 minutes (to a rolling boil).
- When soup has thickened slightly, it is ready to serve!
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh herbs, if desired.
Amount Per ServingCalories 408 Saturated Fat 15g Cholesterol 108mg Sodium 636mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 1g Sugar 3g Protein 15g