Fourth Of July Jello Cups Recipe – delicious easy red, white, and blue jello cups perfect for the 4th of July!
If you’re looking for a really easy to serve, single-serving dessert that is perfect for picnics and other parties, this patriotic dessert is a stunner.
These jello cups are a perfect easy and festive treat for your 4th of July party – they can be stored in the fridge until ready to serve, can be made into boozy jello shots, and are crazy easy!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
To see our web story for this recipe, click here.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
What Jello To Use For Red White and Blue Jello Cups
You could change the flavors of this recipe out if you aren’t sticking to the red, white, and blue theme – but
For the red: we recommend cherry or strawberry.
For the blue: we recommend blue raspberry flavor.
For the white layer, we’re using cool whip!
Red White And Blue Jello Shots
To make this recipe alcoholic for the 21+ crowd, use the following additions:
- To make these jello cups as jello shots, add up to 2/3 cup of alcohol – we prefer about 1/2 cup.
- This will add a kick to the shots, but will keep the bouncy jello texture and set.
- Adding too much alcohol will prevent jello from setting.
How To Layer Jello
Follow our steps below to keep perfect jello layers so your red, white, and blue layers perfectly pop!
- Make first layer of jello and add to cup.
- Let jello chill to set.
- Spoon in cool whip layer and smooth, very carefully, to have an even layer. We recommend using an offset spatula to make a smooth layer of cool whip.
- Let cool whip chill to set.
- Add blue layer jello, taking care to let it cool before adding so it doesn’t melt cool whip layer.
- Chill to set.
Other Easy Desserts You’ll Love
If you love these jello cups, please check out some of our other favorite easy dessert recipes:
You can find our complete dessert recipe archives here.
4th of July Recipe Ideas
If you’re looking for more delicious recipes perfect for grilling or chilling on the 4th of July, we hope you love some of our favorites below:
Other Jello Recipes
If you’d like to browse some of our other easy jello based recipes, check them out below:
These jello cups can last in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Jello is best covered with plastic wrap to keep flavors from fridge out of jello.
You can add 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup of alcohol (vodka usually) into jello without losing the bouncy jello texture.
Fourth Of July Jello Cups Recipe
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Fourth Of July Jello Cups Recipe - delicious easy red, white, and blue jello cups perfect for the 4th of July!
- 1 (3 ounce) box Red Jello (strawberry, raspberry, or cherry)
- 1 (8 ounce) container cool whip
- 1 (3 ounce) box Blue Jello (blueberry or blue raspberry)
- Make the red jello according to the package directions (usually you’ll mix the powder with 1 cup of boiling water and 1 cup of cold water).
- Divide the jello between your cups and transfer them to the fridge until the jello has fully set (about 2 hours).
- Once the first jello layer has set, divide the cool whip between the cups. Make sure to smooth the top of the cool whip layer (I used an offset spatula but a spoon would also work).
- Transfer the cups to the fridge to chill again-- about 2 hours.
- Make the blue jello according to the package directions (again, mix the powder with 1 cup of boiling water and 1 cup of cold water).
- Divide the mixture between the cups and place them back in the fridge to set completely (about 2 hours).
- Top with red, white, and blue sprinkles (if desired) and enjoy chilled.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to two days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 32Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 34mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 1g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.