Keto Creamy Tuscan Soup Recipe – hearty delicious low carb Tuscan soup bursting with sausage, roasted red pepper, spinach, and garlic flavor!
One of my favorite things to eat when trying to stick to a gluten free, low carb diet is hearty, meaty low carb keto soups. They are filling, don’t weigh you down, and great for leftovers you’ll look forward to tucking into the next day.
This family loved soup is like a large pot of heavenly goodness – and is really similar to a low carb zuppa toscana soup recipe.
If you love the famous Olive Garden soup, you’ll like this twist with roasted red peppers, and spinach instead of kale. It’s loaded with hearty creamy goodness from cream cheese and heavy cream – and is keto friendly for a delicious soup low carb dieters can enjoy.
Just Take Me To The Keto Creamy Tuscan Soup Recipe Already!
If you’d like to skip my helpful tips and tricks, similar recipe ideas, and more information on how my family is using a keto diet to look and feel better, please scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the easy printable Keto Creamy Tuscan Soup Recipe – just above the comments.
Slow Cooker Creamy Keto Tuscan Soup Recipe
While this recipe is easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes on the stovetop, it is also awesome as a set it and forget it keto slow cooker soup!
For the best results, please follow my tips to making this creamy tuscan soup in the slow cooker.
Tips to converting this creamy tuscan soup recipe for the crockpot:
-Be sure to sauté the onion and garlic before adding to the slow cooker, since it helps to bring out the rich, caramelized flavor in this delicious low carb soup – and be sure to season vegetables as you brown them for the best flavor.
-Don’t add cream until the end of cooking, and whisk vigorously when adding in. I also add cream cheese after soup has reduced significantly in the slow cooker, since adding it too early causes it to burn on the bottom of the pan.
Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
If you love the flavors in this recipe, but are looking for a low carb keto version of Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana Soup, my friend Aimee has an amazing Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe you are going to love!
While Aimee is a carb-loving often dessert-making blogger, she and her family are into Crossfit, and she’s been coming up with some lighter recipes – her Keto Zuppa Toscana is a huge hit with our family!
It is creamy, rich, and totally comforting – just like Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana recipe – but without all the carbs!
Other Creamy Keto Dishes You’ll Love:
If you love this creamy Tuscan soup with sausage recipe, you’ll love my other favorite creamy, rich, and hearty keto dishes!
Click each link to find the easy printable recipe:
Creamy Keto Tuscan Soup Recipe
If you love this easy creamy keto tuscan soup recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup garlic, diced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, drained, cut into 1" bites
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup spinach or arugula
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, brown sausage on medium high heat and break up into crumbles- about 5 minutes.
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside - do not drain grease.
- Add onions and celery to pot and cook to soft and lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook to softened and fragrant, stirring occasionally, about another 5 minutes.
- Stir sausage back into vegetables, and add roasted red peppers and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted into meat and vegetables.
- Stir well and slowly add in beef stock, stirring as you add. Bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in cream, whisking as you add to soup.
- Return soup to heat when cream has been well whisked into soup.
- Bring to a light boil to slightly reduce soup. Add spinach in and let wilt.
- When spinach is wilted and soup has thickened, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Amount Per ServingCalories 534 Saturated Fat 23g Cholesterol 150mg Sodium 1190mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 1g Sugar 3g Protein 17g