Keto Creamy Tuscan Soup Recipe - hearty delicious low carb Tuscan soup bursting with sausage, roasted red pepper, spinach, and garlic flavor!
One of my favorite things to eat when trying to stick to a gluten free, low carb diet is hearty, meaty low carb keto soups.
They are filling, don’t weigh you down, and great for leftovers you’ll look forward to tucking into the next day.
This family loved soup is like a large pot of heavenly goodness - and is really similar to a low carb zuppa toscana soup recipe.
If you love the famous Olive Garden soup, you’ll like this twist with roasted red peppers, and spinach instead of kale.
We also have a very low carb kale tuscan soup recipe you can check out here!
It’s loaded with hearty creamy goodness from cream cheese and heavy cream - and is keto friendly for a delicious soup low carb dieters can enjoy.
At Sweet C's, we have lots of types of readers: those who'd like more information to feel more comfortable in the kitchen, those who'd just like the recipe, and some who want a bit of info before getting straight to it.
To better serve all readers, we have a "skip to recipe" button in the top left corner of each page to save you from scrolling. We also have a clickable table of contents below that can help you navigate quickly through our recipe.
Table of contents
Slow Cooker Creamy Keto Tuscan Soup Recipe
While this recipe is easy to make and takes less than 30 minutes on the stovetop, it is also awesome as a set it and forget it keto slow cooker soup!
For the best results, please follow my tips to making this creamy tuscan soup in the slow cooker.
Tips to converting this creamy tuscan soup recipe for the crockpot:
- Be sure to sauté the onion and garlic before adding to the slow cooker, since it helps to bring out the rich, caramelized flavor in this delicious low carb soup - and be sure to season vegetables as you brown them for the best flavor.
- Don't add cream until the end of cooking, and whisk vigorously when adding in.
- I also add cream cheese after soup has reduced significantly in the slow cooker, since adding it too early causes it to burn on the bottom of the pan.
Instant Pot Keto Sausage Tuscan Soup Recipe
If you want to make this easy keto sausage soup in your Instant Pot, it is super simple to convert the recipe to use in a pressure cooker!
I often make our soup this way - it comes out delicious, with less to clean and less mess on the stovetop!
Simply follow these directions for a creamy sausage soup in your instant pot:
- -Brown meat and vegetables in pan of Instant Pot, as directed in stovetop recipe. Do not add spinach, cream, or cream cheese (we will add them at the end for the best flavor and minimal separation!)
- -Add stock and close lid to Instant Pot, seal.
- -Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 4 minutes.
- -When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- -Don't add spinach, cream and cream cheese until the end of cooking after released - and be sure to whisk vigorously when adding in.
Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe
If you love the flavors in this recipe, but are looking for a low carb keto version of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup, my friend Aimee has an amazing Keto Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe you are going to love!
It is creamy, rich, and totally comforting - just like Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana recipe - but without all the carbs!
We also have an ultra low carb Keto Tuscan Kale Soup Recipe here.
Other Creamy Keto Dishes You'll Love:
If you love this creamy Tuscan soup with sausage recipe, you'll love my other favorite creamy, rich, and hearty keto dishes!
Click each link to find the easy printable recipe:
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Thighs and Mushrooms Recipe
- One Pot Creamy Meatball Soup
- Creamy One Pot Chicken Stroganoff
- One Pan Creamy Italian Lemon Chicken Mushroom and Asparagus Skillet
- One Pot Creamy Shrimp Alfredo with Zucchini Noodles Recipe
Turn heat off soup when adding cream and whisk vigorously when adding, before returning to heat, when adding cream to soup to keep cream from separating.
Don't drain fat from browning meat, as it will add flavor to vegetables. If you have a ton of oil in pan after sautéing vegetables, drain off some before adding stock.
Creamy Keto Tuscan Soup Recipe
If you love this easy creamy keto tuscan soup recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Creamy Keto Tuscan Soup Recipe - This One Pot Creamy Keto Soup is full of flavor and so easy- bursting with garlicky, creamy flavor, hearty sausage, and roasted red peppers, in a rich creamy spinach soup!
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 cup garlic, diced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, drained, cut into 1" bites
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup spinach or arugula
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, brown sausage on medium high heat and break up into crumbles- about 5 minutes.
- Remove sausage from pan and set aside - do not drain grease.
- Add onions and celery to pot and cook to soft and lightly browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook to softened and fragrant, stirring occasionally, about another 5 minutes.
- Stir sausage back into vegetables, and add roasted red peppers and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted into meat and vegetables.
- Stir well and slowly add in beef stock, stirring as you add. Bring to a rapid boil.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in cream, whisking as you add to soup.
- Return soup to heat when cream has been well whisked into soup.
- Bring to a light boil to slightly reduce soup. Add spinach in and let wilt.
- When spinach is wilted and soup has thickened, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 534Saturated Fat 23gCholesterol 150mgSodium 1190mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 17g