Easy Keto Avocado Toast
Jun 06, 2019, Updated Oct 29, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Easy Keto Avocado Toast recipe – delicious avocado toast on keto sandwich bread topped with prosciutto, arugula, peppers, and chives.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Best Keto Avocado Toast
One of the most delicious, filling, and easy hearty breakfasts is avocado toast – it is creamy, rich, bursting with flavor, and keeps you full all day.
Avocado toast is perfect for people eating keto – since you can load it up with delicious hearty toppings that work into a keto diet… but then comes the problem with bread.
What bread to use with keto toast?
Most keto breads are based off cream cheese or mozzarella based mixes – which don’t toast or look like traditional bread – or contain a million expensive ingredients you’ll never use in other recipes.
This Easy Keto Avocado Toast Recipe uses my Easy Keto Sandwich Bread for a bread base that looks, feels, toasts, and tastes like real bread – but it is keto compliant!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do – and it helps you continue on your keto journey!
I am trying (after months of eating out and feeling terrible) to get back on the low carb bandwagon with my husband after he’s lost about 60 pounds – but I need YOUR help!
If you’d like to join a new facebook group dedicated to sharing keto recipes and supporting each other on this low carb journey, please click here!
Keto Avocado Toast Toppings
The great thing about avocado toast is you can use all sorts of toppings to make it whatever you’d like!
Don’t worry if you don’t have the ingredients have on hand – I am rounding up some favorite toppings to take your avocado toast to the next level:
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- BLAT – Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, and Avocado
- Salmon Avocado Toast
- Pickled peppers or onions
- Poached or fried egg
- Mozzarella, Feta, or Gouda
- Almonds, pistachios, or walnuts
- Pepperoni, salumi, speck
- Grilled vegetables
Easy Keto Toast Bread Recipe
This keto avocado toast relies on my favorite easy keto sandwich bread recipe – it is simple, easy, and so delicious!
When making keto bread, my husband and I were always looking for something we could toast – which just isn’t possible with many of the keto breads we tried, as they tended to be formed mostly out of cheese.
This bread looks and feels just like “real” bread – but is completely keto!
And if you’re worried about ingredients – you can see that if you’re keeping a keto diet, you probably have all these easy ingredients on hand already.
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups whey protein
- 1 tbsp xantham gum
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
What to Enjoy with Keto Avocado Toast
- Sparkling Water: A refreshing sparkling water can cleanse your palate between bites.
- Coffee or Espresso: The bitterness of coffee can contrast nicely with the creamy avocado and salty prosciutto.
- White Wine: A crisp white wine like Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio can complement the dish well.
- Fresh Salad: A light salad with arugula or mixed greens can add a fresh and peppery note.
- Roasted Tomatoes: Cherry tomatoes roasted with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt can enhance the dish’s savory notes.
- Grilled Asparagus: The charred, smoky flavor of grilled asparagus pairs well with the richness of the avocado and prosciutto.
- Poached Egg: Adding a poached egg on top can introduce a luxurious, runny yolk that mixes with the other ingredients.
- Chili Flakes: A sprinkle of chili flakes can add a hint of heat.
- Fresh Herbs: Basil, chives, or parsley can add a fresh and aromatic touch.
- Sliced Radishes: Their crunchy texture and slight spiciness can offer a nice contrast.
- Balsamic Glaze: A drizzle of balsamic glaze can add sweetness and acidity.
- Lemon Juice: A squeeze of fresh lemon juice can brighten up the flavors.
- Olive Oil: A high-quality olive oil can enhance the dish’s richness.
For a Hearty Meal:
- Soup: A light soup like a tomato basil or a gazpacho can round out the meal.
- Grilled Chicken or Fish: A lean protein like grilled chicken or fish can make the meal more substantial.
If you love this keto avocado toast, be sure to check out some of my other favorite keto breakfast recipes!
Easy Keto Avocado Toast
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 2 slices Easy Keto Sandwich Bread
- 4 oz prosciutto, divided
- 1 avocado, smashed
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup sweet piquillo peppers
- 1 tsp chives, diced
- Toast slices of bread.
- When bread is toasted, spread half of the avocado on one piece of bread, one half the avocado on the other. I like to push on the avocado with a fork as I spread it to make a quick and easy "smash".
- Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper.
- Top with arugula, peppers, prosciutto, and chives.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 319Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 40mgSodium 1899mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 8gSugar 2gProtein 20g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.