Garlic parmesan air fried shrimp recipe – delicious crunchy air fried shrimp that are full of garlic parmesan flavor, with very little oil!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Keto Air Fryer Parmesan Shrimp
These shrimp are easy, crunchy, and bursting with garlic parmesan flavor – they are a great appetizer and lighter alternative to popcorn shrimp. These garlic parmesan shrimp have a breading-like flavor – with just garlic, parmesan, and oil – for a perfect easy keto garlic parmesan shrimp recipe everyone will love.
These shrimp make a perfect appetizer, are great in salad, wonderful in sandwiches – or just as-is straight from the fryer!
We love this easy and delicious air fryer shrimp recipe – it is so simple, requires no cooking experience, and is naturally low carb and keto complaint – for an easy to make gluten free shrimp.
I hope you love this air fried shrimp as much as I do!
Keto Crunchy Fried Shrimp
It is hard to get a crunchy, crispy, fried shrimp texture without adding breading to the shrimp – but we’re using simple grated parmesan cheese and high heat to get a crunch that won’t break your macros.
This isn’t just for keto eaters – it’s a super simple gluten free trick you can use with pretty much any food for an extra crunchy bite!
Using grated parmesan is essential to this recipe – it will help to give a crunchy, crispy, “breaded” texture without adding any bread or carbs.
I personally prefer drier, less expensive grated cheese for this – since it will have a more breadcrumb like texture. Look for brands that are shelf-stable for this (I use Kraft, but any are good.)
How To Air Fry Parmesan Shrimp
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Shrimp provides a sweet and delicate flavor that is the base of the dish.
- Garlic adds a pungent and savory flavor that complements the sweetness of the shrimp.
- Parmesan cheese provides a nutty and salty flavor that adds richness and depth to the dish.
- Olive oil helps to bind the ingredients together and provides a healthy fat that adds richness and depth of flavor.
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following method:
- Prep. In a large bowl, add shrimp and coat in olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and garlic. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-3 hours. (Optional, for more lemon flavor.)
- Add parmesan. Toss parmesan cheese into bowl with shrimp, creating a “breading” for the shrimp. Preheat air fryer.
- Air fry. Set air fryer to 350 for 10 minutes, add shrimp to basket, and cook. Shrimp is done when it is opaque white and pink.
- Enjoy! Serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Air Fried Shrimp
Air frying shrimp is easy – simply toss in parmesan cheese and spices to coat, place in air fryer basket, and cook – but there are a couple of tips and tricks to make sure its fabulous, every time.
Shrimp when overcooked are gummy, fishy, and chewy – no fun! Cook shrimp until just pink and no longer translucent.
-Remove tails or keep on – it’s up to you.
Thaw shrimp in the refrigerator or in a cold water bath before air frying shrimp. Pat dry to remove any water for best texture.
You can take the shrimp tails off, or leave them on – totally up to you!
Some people like to eat the crunchy part of the shrimp tail (similar to soft shell crab), some people like to present shrimp tails on, and some people prefer it off when cooking for easy eating – do what works for you!
Other Easy Seafood Dinners You’ll Love
If you love this easy air fried shrimp recipe, please check out some of my other easy seafood recipes that you will love even more!
- Air Fried Lemon Garlic Salmon
- Easy Creamy Tuscan Salmon
- Thai Chili Scallops
- Garlic Butter Scallops
- Easy Kung Pao Shrimp
- Everything Salmon
- Bang Bang Shrimp
Garlic Parmesan Air Fried Shrimp Recipe
If you love this easy garlic parmesan air fried shrimp recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Garlic Parmesan Air Fried Shrimp Recipe
Garlic parmesan air fried shrimp recipe - delicious crunchy air fried shrimp that are full of garlic parmesan flavor, with very little oil!
- 1lb shrimp, deveined and peeled (you can leave tails on if desired)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro or parsley, to garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, add shrimp and coat in olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, and garlic.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-3 hours. (Optional, for more lemon flavor.)
- Toss parmesan cheese into bowl with shrimp, creating a "breading" for the shrimp.
- Preheat air fryer.
- Set air fryer to 350 for 10 minutes, add shrimp to basket, and cook.
- Shrimp is done when it is opaque white and pink.
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Oster Copper-Infused DuraCeramic 3.3-Quart Air Fryer
Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese Canister, 8 Ounce
Colavita Premium Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 68 Fluid Ounce
Shrimp Deveiner Tool - Prawn and Seafood Peeler - Frogmore Shrimp Cleaner by Toadfish
IQF shrimp 31/40 Count Medium Peeled Un-deveined - Raw frozen Shrimp, Shrimp USA, medium size American shrimp.
Amount Per Serving Calories 151Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 167mgSodium 1256mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 20g
Made this last night and thumbs up all around from the family. This was the first recipe I made in my new air fryer and it was so easy…thank you!
Absolutely amazing. Delicious and more importantly very easy and quick! Thank you so much for our new, go-to shrimp recipe!