Harissa whipped feta is a creamy, tangy and spicy dip made with feta cheese, harissa paste, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
Feta Dip With Harissa
Harissa is a North African spice paste made with chili peppers, garlic, coriander, caraway and other spices, and it gives the whipped feta a delicious and complex flavor.
This dip is perfect for serving as an appetizer with pita bread, crackers, vegetables or as a spread on sandwiches and wraps. It’s also a great addition to a mezze platter or as a topping for salads and grilled vegetables.
The whipped feta can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a few days. Just bring it to room temperature before serving and give it a quick stir to make it smooth and creamy again. The recipe is easy to customize, and you can adjust the amount of harissa to your taste, making it as spicy or mild as you like.
How to Make Harissa Whipped Feta
To make this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Feta cheese: adds a tangy and salty flavor to the dip.
- Greek yogurt: makes the dip creamier and more spreadable.
- Olive oil: adds richness and a smooth texture to the dip.
- Lemon juice and zest: provides a bright and citrusy flavor to balance out the saltiness of the feta.
- Garlic: adds a pungent and savory taste to the dip.
- Harissa paste: brings a spicy and smoky flavor to the dip, as well as a reddish color.
After you’ve gathered your ingredients, we will use the following process:
- Prep. Break the feta into small cubes and place it in the food processor with the greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Blend. Process on high speed until the feta is smooth and creamy– about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Next add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and grated garlic. Pulse to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Make Harissa paste. In a small bowl, stir together the harissa paste and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. There are two great ways to serve this dip– either add the harrisa to the feta dip and pulse to combine or transfer the feta dip to a serving bowl and drizzle with the harissa oil. Up to you!
- Serve. Enjoy immediately and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Tips and Tricks to Perfect Harissa Whipped Feta
Use high-quality ingredients: Since this recipe has only a few ingredients, make sure to use high-quality feta cheese, olive oil, and harissa paste for the best flavor.
Use room temperature ingredients: It’s easier to blend the feta cheese and yogurt when they’re at room temperature. Leave them out of the fridge for about 30 minutes before making the recipe.
Use a food processor: A food processor is the best tool for making whipped feta. It blends the ingredients smoothly and evenly. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender or a hand mixer.
Adjust the consistency: If the whipped feta is too thick, you can add more olive oil or lemon juice to thin it out. If it’s too thin, add more feta cheese.
Serve it with a variety of foods: Harissa whipped feta is delicious as a dip or a spread. Serve it with pita bread, crackers, vegetables, or use it as a sandwich spread.
Store it properly: Store the whipped feta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Bring it to room temperature before serving.
Harissa whipped feta is a creamy and spicy dip made with feta cheese, Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, and harissa paste.
Harissa paste is a North African hot chili paste made with roasted peppers, garlic, spices, and olive oil. It adds a spicy and smoky flavor to the whipped feta dip.
Feta is the traditional cheese used for this recipe, but you can try using a different type of crumbly cheese, such as goat cheese or blue cheese.
Harissa whipped feta is a versatile dip that can be served with pita chips, crackers, vegetables, or used as a spread on sandwiches or wraps.
Yes, harissa whipped feta can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before serving.
What to Serve with Harissa Whipped Feta
Pita chips or bread: Pita chips, keto chips, or bread like our No Knead Bread make a great base for dipping into harissa whipped feta. The slightly crunchy texture of the pita chips or bread adds a nice contrast to the creamy texture of the dip.
Vegetables: Serve harissa whipped feta with a platter of fresh vegetables such as carrots, celery, bell peppers, and cucumbers. The fresh crunch of the vegetables pairs well with the spicy and tangy flavor of the dip.
Olives: Add a platter of assorted olives to your spread. The salty and briny flavor of the olives pairs well with the spicy flavor of the harissa whipped feta.
Grilled meats: Harissa whipped feta can also be used as a delicious and spicy marinade for grilled meats such as grilled chicken, lamb, or steaks. Simply coat the meat in the dip and grill until cooked to your liking.
Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables such as sweet potatoes, cauliflower, or Brussels sprouts make a great side dish for harissa whipped feta. The roasted vegetables bring out their natural sweetness, which pairs well with the spicy and tangy flavor of the dip.
For more of our favorite appetizers, find our favorite recent recipes below:
- Zhoug (Skhug) Sauce
- Crispy Baked Toasted Ravioli
- Cajun Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- Ranch Trail Mix
- Easy Jalapeño Cheddar Bread
- Air Fried Nandos Chicken Wings Recipe
- Air Fried Pasta Chips and Feta Dip
- Best Easy Garlic Knots Recipe
Harissa Whipped Feta
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Click here to view the web story for this recipe!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Harissa Whipped Feta
Tangy, spicy whipped feta cheese dip loaded with harissa paste - perfect for dipping vegetables or pita!
- 1 block (8 ounces) feta cheese
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon grated garlic
- 3 tablespoons harissa paste
- Break the feta into small cubes and place it in the food processor with the greek yogurt and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Process on high speed until the feta is smooth and creamy– about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Next add the lemon juice, lemon zest, and grated garlic. Pulse to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, stir together the harissa paste and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- There are two great ways to serve this dip– either add the harrisa to the feta dip and pulse to combine or transfer the feta dip to a serving bowl and drizzle with the harissa oil. Up to you!
- Enjoy immediately and store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Selamica Porcelain 40oz Large Bowls 9 inch Big Pasta Salad Bowls, Microwave and Oven Safe, Vintage Blue, Set of 6
Mina Sauce Harissa Spicy, 10 oz
Cuisinart 14 Cup Food Processor, Includes Stainless Steel Standard Slicing Disc (4mm), Medium Shredding Disc, & Stainless Steel Chopping/Mixing Blade, DFP-14BCNY
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 5mgSodium 148mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 3g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Leave a Reply