Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe - delicious baked chicken wings loaded with spicy sweet buffalo sauce flavor!
There is nothing better for game day or party than chicken wings.
They can be spicy, sweet - or in this case both - or loaded with rich, delicious flavor.
This recipe was designed to cook more quickly than our other baked chicken wings recipe - but it is not keto approved.
Be sure to see our chicken wing archives for even more delicious chicken wing flavor!
We hope you love this easy chicken wing recipe as much as we do!
At Sweet C's, we have lots of types of readers: those who'd like more information to feel more comfortable in the kitchen, those who'd just like the recipe, and some who want a bit of info before getting straight to it.
To better serve all readers, we have a "skip to recipe" button in the top left corner of each page to save you from scrolling. We also have a clickable table of contents below that can help you navigate quickly through our recipe.
Table of contents
How to get Crunchy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
Crispy and crunchy wings - with no extra breading - take a bit of technique to get to perfectly mimic a deep fried wings texture.
If you’re looking for crunchy keto chicken wings - this is one technique you will want to bookmark to use again and again!
Pat Wings Dry
We’re using the fat in the chicken wings to crisp them without frying - which is easier if wings are completely dry going into the oven.
Excess liquid from packaging or water on your wings can cause wings to steam instead of crisp - making skin soggier. Quickly pat wings dry with a paper towel to get a crispier wing.
Cook on wire racks
Cooking chicken wings on a wire rack encourages better air circulation all around the chicken wings, which will help them cook faster and crisp more.
Lightly grease wire racks with olive oil, coconut oil, or another fat you prefer to make it less likely to stick to the chicken wings.
Toss in Sauce Last
This will help to reduce any chance for your wings to get soggy from the sauce.
Make sure to use from the oven hot wings - the sauce sticks better to hotter wings what have been patted dry with paper towels to remove excess oil and fat and then tossed with sauce.
Tips to Easy Clean Baked Chicken Wings
Baking chicken wings in the oven can be a messy job to clean up - but with a couple of tips and tricks, you can bake and sauce your chicken wings without making a huge mess.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Use a metal cooling rack coated with nonstick cooking spray to lift wings up so grease can drip off wings to prevent sticking.
- When chicken has cooked, let sit on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Then move wings to bowl to get coated in sauce.
Other Chicken Wing Recipes You'll Love
We love chicken wings here - they are delicious, easy to share, great for parties, and easy to make!
To find some of our favorite chicken wings, please check out our favorites below:
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Wings Recipe
- The Best Crispy Baked Chicken Wings Ever Recipe
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings Recipe
- Air Fried Nandos Chicken Wings Recipe
- The Best Instant Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
- Baked Ranch Chicken Wings Recipe
- Cajun Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
Honey Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- For the Chicken Wings
- 1.5 pounds chicken wing portions
- ¾ cup all purpose flour flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- For the Sauce
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Make the Chicken Wings
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and then transfer them to a large bag or bowl. Add the flour, baking powder, and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
- Shake off any excess flour and spread the wings out on a wire rack set on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the wings are crisp on the outside and register at least 165F on an instant read thermometer.
- Make the Sauce
- Add all of the ingredients (hot sauce, butter, and honey) to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Once the wings have finished cooking, brush them on all sides with buffalo sauce.
- (Optional) Place the wings under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until they’ve started to caramelize.
- Garnish with parsley or green onions, if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 908Total Fat 53gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 168mgSodium 1408mgCarbohydrates 71gFiber 3gSugar 11gProtein 36g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C's Favorites
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out our other reader favorite recipes!
These tried and true reader favorites are loaded with family friendly flavor everyone loves.