This delicious one pot bruschetta chicken pasta has a bold, briney, and tart bruschetta flavor with incredibly juicy chicken – and can be made all in one pot!
Just one pot and 30 minutes for a dinner that serves four under 350 calories per serving!
I will admit to LOVING one pot pastas.
They are quick, easy and so simple- you can dump a bunch of ingredients in one pot and end up with a delicious dinner with only one thing to clean up.
Does it get any better than that?
Though, I will admit, I do get a bit bored with the few one pot pasta recipes I make in my normal rotation.
I recently had some chicken I needed to use up, and not much else on hand for a complete meal- when it hit me- instead of sauce (I was oddly completely out of tomatoes or tomato sauce), I could use up a jar of bruschetta spread I had just waiting for a chance to shine.
The result was fantastic- and truly a dish I can’t wait to make again and again!
You can also customize this recipe and add or subtract fresh veggies. I used asparagus and an onion because that is what I had on hand- but you could nix them (though, this will reduce the amount of pasta everyone gets), use what I did, or whatever you have on hand!
Peas, diced zucchini, diced green beans, bell peppers, diced eggplant, or broccoli would all be great in this dish!
If you’re still a bit intimidated to try this dinner, just check out the simple video here! And be sure to follow my YouTube Channel for more!
This delicious one pot bruschetta chicken pasta has a bold, briney and tart flavor with incredibly juicy chicken - and can be made all in one pot!
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into 2" chunks
- 1 large onion, diced finely (optional)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody stalks removed, and cut into 1" bits (optional)
- 1 jar, 8-12 oz sun dried tomato, artichoke, or other bruschetta spread
- 1 cup pasta, tagliatelle, penne, orecchiette, farfalle
- 1 1/2 cup water
- In a large, heavy pan, add oil and heat on medium high until shimmery.
- Add diced chicken to pan and cook until almost done- chicken will be firm and golden brown (about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning or sticking)
- Add onion and asparagus (optional- or add 1-2 cups other fresh vegetables like peas, spinach, diced zucchini, etc) and cook until soft and lightly browned.
- Add jar of bruschetta topping, stir to mix well.
- Add pasta and toss in sauce and vegetables to evenly coat.
- Pour water over dish and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is al dente.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 347 Cholesterol 633mg Sodium 633mg Carbohydrates 28.6g Fiber 1.9g Sugar 5.4g Protein 27.6g