This delicious one pot bruschetta chicken pasta has a bold, briney, and tart bruschetta flavor with incredibly juicy chicken – and can be made all in one pot!
Just one pot and 30 minutes for a dinner that serves four under 350 calories per serving!
I will admit to LOVING one pot pastas.
They are quick, easy and so simple- you can dump a bunch of ingredients in one pot and end up with a delicious dinner with only one thing to clean up.
Does it get any better than that?
Though, I will admit, I do get a bit bored with the few one pot pasta recipes I make in my normal rotation.
I recently had some chicken I needed to use up, and not much else on hand for a complete meal- when it hit me- instead of sauce (I was oddly completely out of tomatoes or tomato sauce), I could use up a jar of bruschetta spread I had just waiting for a chance to shine.
The result was fantastic- and truly a dish I can’t wait to make again and again!
You can also customize this recipe and add or subtract fresh veggies. I used asparagus and an onion because that is what I had on hand- but you could nix them (though, this will reduce the amount of pasta everyone gets), use what I did, or whatever you have on hand!
Peas, diced zucchini, diced green beans, bell peppers, diced eggplant, or broccoli would all be great in this dish!
If you’re still a bit intimidated to try this dinner, just check out the simple video here! And be sure to follow my YouTube Channel for more!
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into 2" chunks
- 1 large onion, diced finely (optional)
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody stalks removed, and cut into 1" bits (optional)
- 1 jar, 8-12 oz sun dried tomato, artichoke, or other bruschetta spread
- 1 cup pasta, tagliatelle, penne, orecchiette, farfalle
- 1 1/2 cup water
- In a large, heavy pan, add oil and heat on medium high until shimmery.
- Add diced chicken to pan and cook until almost done- chicken will be firm and golden brown (about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning or sticking)
- Add onion and asparagus (optional- or add 1-2 cups other fresh vegetables like peas, spinach, diced zucchini, etc) and cook until soft and lightly browned.
- Add jar of bruschetta topping, stir to mix well.
- Add pasta and toss in sauce and vegetables to evenly coat.
- Pour water over dish and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is al dente.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 347 Cholesterol: 633mg Sodium: 633mg Carbohydrates: 28.6g Fiber: 1.9g Sugar: 5.4g Protein: 27.6g