Garlic Butter Roasted Potatoes Recipe -delicious roasted potatoes tossed in garlic butter and roasted to perfection - perfect alongside turkey, prime rib, pork tenderloin, roasted chicken, baked salmon, lobster tails, and more!
Delicious roasted potatoes loaded with garlic and herb butter flavor are one of the most delectable and delicious side dishes for everyday dinner, or your next big holiday meal!
This recipe was inspired by our one pot pork loin and potatoes recipe - adapted as a tasty side dish without the pork loin, and with potatoes that are crispier on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
If you want super crispy-crunchy potatoes, be sure to follow my tips to soaking potatoes and broiling after roasting in the tips below.
These potatoes are perfect alongside chicken thighs or pork chops - but are fancy enough for Christmas dinner with ham, turkey, or prime rib.
We hope you love this easy side dish as much as we do!
We get a lot of readers looking to grow and feel more comfortable in the kitchen, and have made a commitment to Sweet C's readers to help provide lots of information for them.
If you'd like to bypass this and get straight to the recipe, click the "skip to recipe" button in the top left corner, click on the section you'd like to visit in the table of contents below, or scroll to the bottom of the post.
Table of contents
How to Roast Potatoes
Roasting potatoes is a simple and delicious way to prepare potatoes involving high temperature, dry heat.
Roasting potatoes in the oven gives a slightly crispy outside and light, fluffy inside - making them the perfect side for any meal.
We're taking these potatoes to the next level by tossing them in a garlic butter with tons of herb and onion flavor.
While we're not calling for soaking potatoes in this recipe, because we're going for a softer potato side dish, you can get crispier, crunchier roasted potatoes by soaking in cold water for 1 hour before roasting.
Be sure to rinse well after (to remove the starches that soak out) and pat dry thoroughly before roasting.
What Potatoes to Roast
We made this recipe using yukon gold and red potatoes, cut in half - but you can use other types of potatoes using our tips below.
Wash fingerling potatoes well, and pat dry. You can leave whole or cut in half.
Use 2 russet potatoes. Wash russet potatoes well and pat dry. Cut into 2" chunks.
Use 10-15 small blue potatoes. Wash well and pat dry, and cut into 2" chunks.
Other Potato Dishes You'll Love
When you're making a delicious holiday dinner or sunday supper, it's so important to make delicious, easy sides that are comforting your family and guests.
I love potato dishes - they are so easy and everyone loves them!
- The Best Easy Air Fryer French Fries Recipe
- Lemon Garlic Air Fryer French Fries Recipe
- The Best Homemade French Fries (flash-fry method)
- Maple Dijon Chicken and Potatoes Skillet Recipe
- Blue Cheese Steak Bites and Potatoes Skillet Dinner Recipe
- Perfect Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
Other Side Dishes You'll Love
If you're looking for some of our favorite deliciously easy side dishes, look no further!
- The Best Easy Baked Scalloped Corn Recipe
- The Best Easy Oven Roasted Asparagus Recipe
- The Best Keto Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- Perfect Sauteed Mushrooms
- Roasted Green Bean Salad
- Garlic Chinese Style Green Beans
You can also visit our side dish archives here.
Potatoes are done when they are soft to the touch, not based entirely on time. Lightly press potato with a fork - if it gives, it is done.
You can crisp potatoes once cooked by popping under the broiler for 5 minutes. Stir partway through, and watch to be sure potatoes don't burn under the broiler.
If you don't like onions, you can increase garlic, use diced shallots, or skip onion entirely.
Garlic Butter Roasted Potatoes Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Garlic Butter Roasted Potatoes Recipe -delicious roasted potatoes tossed in garlic butter and roasted to perfection!
- 1 tbsp celtic sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 4 tbsp butter, sliced into 4-6 pats
- 2 tbsp diced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil*
- 1 tsp dried oregano*
- 1 tsp dried thyme*
- 1 tsp dried parsley*
- 1/2 tsp dried sage*
- *OR 2 tbsp Italian Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 lb red and yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced onion
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking sheet or roasting pan with parchment paper or prepare withh cooking spray.
- Melt butter in pan and combine onion, herbs and garlic - heat 30 seconds and remove from heat.
- Wash potatoes well and cut in half. Pat dry.
- Arrange in baking sheet or roasting pan so potatoes aren't touching too much.
- Drizzle butter, onion, and herbs mixture over potatoes.
- Toss potatoes lightly to coat in herb butter.
- Roast 20-30 minutes, checking temperature after 20 minutes.
- When potatoes are slightly browned outside and are soft to the touch, they are done.
- To crisp before serving, pop under broiler for 5 minutes, stirring halfway through (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 31mgSodium 1947mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 4g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C's Favorites
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out uor other reader favorites!
These recipes are tried and true fan favorites loaded with family friendly flavor you'll love.