Sriracha Cheese Grilled Corn
Jul 04, 2016, Updated Jul 01, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sriracha Cheese Grilled Corn, a delicious, quick, and easy way to spice up regular old grilled corn on the cob!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Delicious Sriracha Cheese Grilled Corn
I love Mexican street-style corn. It’s salty, bursting with flavor, slightly sweet, and so fun to eat – the perfect summer side dish.
If you love corn on the cob, you need to try street-style grilled corn! It’s so easy and full of flavor – and makes the perfect side at a party! This corn on the cob has a ton of spicy flavor from Sriracha and cotija – which pair perfectly with the naturally sweet corn flavor, and compliment the nice smoky flavor you get from grilling the corn in their husks.
Depending on how spicy you like your corn, you can either drizzle the sriracha directly onto the corn (for a spicier kick) or mix it in with the garlic butter for a more subtle, smoky twist.
How to Make Spicy Cheesy Grilled Corn
First you will need to assemble the following ingredients:
- Corn – I love getting this from my local farmers market when its in season, crisp and sweet.
- Garlic Powder – garlic gives a very strong potent flavor.
- Butter – butter is perfect for getting a rich flavor.
- Sriracha – this gives a wonderful spice to it.
- Cotija – creamy cheese is so nice crumbled over cooked corn.
Once you have assembled the ingredients use this method
Prep the corn. Peel the husks pack and remove the silk strings. Pull the husks back over the corn and soak the corn in water for about 10 minutes.
Grill. Heat the grill to high. Add the corn and cook turning every few minutes until corn is soft to the touch. Remove the husks.
Prepare seasoning. Mix the butter and garlic powder in a bowl. Slather the corn with that.
Top and serve. Top with a drizzle of sriracha and crumbled cotija cheese. Enjoy!
Check out these other Grilled Favorites
Sriracha Cheese Grilled Corn Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 6 corn
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup cotija
- Pull husks of corn down, without pulling them off, to expose silks.
- Remove silk strings from corn.
- Pull corn husks back up, and soak in water for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Add corn to grill, cook on high, turning every 5 minutes to grill each side equally and prevent burning.
- When corn is soft to the touch, remove from grill and remove husks.
- Mix butter and garlic powder in a bowl, then generously slather on corn (or mix sriracha with butter if you'd like it to be a bit more of a subtle flavor).
- Top with crumbled cotija, and squirts of sriracha (if you'd like a bolder flavor) .
- Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
DOWAN Small Bowls, Ceramic Dessert Bowls, 10 oz Ice Cream Bowls, Dishwasher Microwave Safe, White Bowls for Rice, Dipping, Cereal, Side Dish, Small Portions, Set of 6
Aodaer 22 Pieces Corn Cob Holders and Dish Set with 2 Corn Butter Spreaders Transparent Service Tray Corn Dish Plastic Corn Trays Corn on The Cob Skewer BBQ Tool Cob Dinnerware for Sweet Butter Corn
AUGSUN 10Pcs/5 Pairs Corn Holders, Stainless Steel Corn on The Cob BBQ Fork Skewers for Home Cooking Parties Camping
Weak Knees Gochujang Sriracha Hot Sauce | 10.5 oz Easy Squeeze Bottle | Classic Sriracha Chili Sauce mixed with Korean Gochujang Chili Paste | Foodie Gifts, Hot Sauce Gifts, Gifts for Men
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 210Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 30mgSodium 217mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 5g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.