The Best Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches - this easy, sweet, crunchy, and creamy chicken salad is a huge family favorite and ready in less than 30 minutes!
This chicken salad sandwich recipe is a HUGE hit with kids because its so creamy, crunchy, and has a great sweet kick - and you'll love how easy this amazing chicken salad recipe is to whip up! There is so much fresh flavor in these sandwiches, and they are DIVINE with store bought croissants for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
Each sandwich is filling - but won't weigh you down. It's great anytime of year, perfect to prep for parties, and great for a hungry crowd! We're using pan friend chicken, but I have some notes in the post below on using pulled rotisserie chicken or pre-cooked chunks of chicken breasts, too.
Go ahead and use up your leftover chicken breasts in this recipe - its crazy versatile!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Here at Sweet C's, we have lots of types of readers - those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
The Best Chicken Salad Sandwiches
If you're looking for the go-to summer classic chicken salad sandwich recipe, look no further! We're packing sweet, salty, creamy, crunchy, fresh and tangy flavor into this chicken salad - and showing you how to make it, step by step, so even beginner home cooks can feel confident. This recipe is loaded with flavor, can be customized to your tastes, and is great for meal prep and using leftovers! Can you get any better?
Serve these sandwiches with a light fruit salad, homemade fries, spicy edamame, Dragon Fruit Salad, Sparkling Pineapple Lemon and Lime Soda, Old Fashioned Pink Lemonade Recipe, or a crisp and cool port and tonic cocktail - it goes with anything and is great for a no fuss meal!
- If you've never made chicken salad before, this recipe will show you how to make it from scratch!
- GOT LEFTOVERS? This recipe is perfect for using up leftover chicken breasts!
- You can use any bread you like - the sky is the limit. Try it with pretzel rolls, brioche, sourdough, pita bread - whatever you're in the mood for.
- We like these on croissants for an out of this world combination of rich, buttery flavor.
How To Make Chicken Salad
This simple chicken salad is a breeze to whip up - but a couple of tips will help you have perfect delicious chicken salad sandwiches every time you make it!
You can also try battered chicken like in our The Best Fried Chicken Tacos Recipe to mix into this recipe for a bit of extra crunch!
Start the chicken sandwiches by pan frying chicken breasts.
Prep, then place chicken into hot skillet, and sear chicken in olive oil and butter mixture until browned, then flip and sear other side. This can be a bit smoky, so be sure to keep your kitchen fan on.
I like to use a set of sturdy tongs when cooking chicken to help prevent any splashes from butter or oil.
Cook chicken about 3 minutes per side - you want a beautiful caramel brown color on the chicken. This gives more flavor, without increasing calories - and gives a lovely crunchy outside to the chicken for more texture.
Once both sides are seared, add pineapple juice to the pan, cover with a lid, and let simmer until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F - this will take about 5 minutes and the addition of pineapple juice helps add SO much flavor to the chicken!
Use Pre-Cooked Chicken
To save time, you can use pre-cooked cubed chicken, or even pulled rotisserie chicken!
Remove chicken from pan to a cutting board. Dice chicken into even sized pieces. Set aside to let cool. Halve grapes, dice celery, drain water chestnuts, and pineapple tidbits.
In a medium sized bowl combine the sauce ingredients, and stir until smooth. Taste, and adjust seasonings to preference. Combine everything in a large bowl and stir.
If assembling for a party or dinner later, you can chill and wrap in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Serve in lettuce, on croissants with green leaf lettuce, or eat over lettuce as a salad.
What to Serve With Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Chicken Salad Sandwiches are great with vegetables, salads, fruit, and fries - they are great for lunch or dinner because they can go with anything!
You can find our complete side dish recipe archives here.
Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
Want a lighter version of this sandwich?
Make it gluten free by spooning into romaine lettuce leaves for a delicious gluten free naked sandwich!
Chicken salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Chicken salad can sit out for no longer than 2 hours - it must be chilled in the refrigerator after that.
Chicken breast is cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Best Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
If you love this deliciously easy Chicken Salad recipe please click the stars below to rate it five stars - and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Hearty chicken salad, with creamy dressing with subtle curry flavor. Bold crunch, tender chicken, and a little sweetness from the pineapple and grapes make this a family favorite.
- 3 lbs Chicken Breast
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- ½ cup Pineapple juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Yellow Curry Powder
- 2 cups Mayo
- The Rest
- 20 ounce can Pineapple Tidbits, drained (reserve juice to use for chicken)
- 4 cups Red Grapes, halved
- 1 ½ cups Diced Celery
- 10 ounce can Water Chestnuts, minced, drained
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add butter and olive oil. Let the butter melt, and coat the bottom of the pan.
- Season chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken into hot skillet, and sear chicken in olive oil and butter mixture until browned, then flip and sear other side. About 3 minutes per side.
- Once both sides are seared, add pineapple juice to the pan, cover with a lid, and let simmer until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. About 5-7 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan to a cutting board. Dice chicken into even sized pieces. Set aside to let cool.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the sauce ingredients, and stir until smooth. Taste, and adjust seasonings to preference.
- Prepare other ingredients: Halve grapes, dice celery, drain water chestnuts, and pineapple tidbits. Then combine everything in a large bowl and stir.
- Serve in lettuce, on croissants with green leaf lettuce, or eat over lettuce as a salad.
Amount Per Serving Calories 897Total Fat 59gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 46gCholesterol 182mgSodium 688mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 5gSugar 23gProtein 60g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C's Favorites
If you love this easy recipe, be sure to check out our reader favorites!
These tried and true classics are a huge hits with our readers for their simple family friendly flavor - you're going to love them!