Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges
Oct 22, 2018, Updated Aug 11, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges – a delicious easy baked recipe for perfect crunchy potato wedges that are a huge family hit!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Easy Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges
If you like chunky potato wedges, you’re going to love this easy method to make them at home anytime you want with no special equipment or fancy ingredients – just delicious crispy crunchy baked potato wedges with plenty of salt and pepper!
These crunchy baked potato wedges are perfect alongside steak, chicken, fish – they are a great easy hearty side dish that everyone loves!
These potato wedges are lightly coated in olive oil and salt and pepper before being baked to crunchy perfection so they taste just like potato wedges from your favorite restaurant.
If you’d like to add seasonings, like garlic salt, chicken salt (my Aussie family is obsessed with chicken salt on fries), truffle salt, herbs, or parmesan, these fries are a great base for just about any specialty french fry flavor you’d like, making them incredibly versatile for any meal!
These baked potato wedges are a spin off from my wildly popular Crunchy Baked Fries and Crispy Baked Shoestring Sweet Potato Fries recipes – please be sure to visit them to see the posts that inspired this delicious dish!
How To Get Crunchy Potato Wedges in the Oven
The best part of restaurant style potato wedges is the delicious crispy crunch – which can be hard to get in the oven without the right technique.
Following these tips and tricks will help you get puffy and light potato wedges with a delicious crispy crunch!
- For absolute best results, soak potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Be sure to pat fries dry well after soaking – excess water will release onto the baking sheet and might create steam which will slow the crisping.
- Soaking potatoes in water helps remove some of the starch so the potatoes cook faster and crisp up better in thee oven.
- Space potatoes out on baking sheet so they dont touch and have plenty of room to crisp up.
- Drizzle oil over potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Flip wedges occasionally as they cook.
- Keep heat high – check in on potatoes periodically to be sure they aren’t burning, but you want them to be at high heat to crisp.
- If your potatoes are cooked, but still not crunchy as you’d like them, pop them under the broiler for a minute or two and they will be magnificent!
To Make These Crunchy Potato Wedges You’ll Need:
These easy baked crunchy potato wedges are one of my favorite easy side dishes because you don’t need a ton of extra equipment or fancy ingredients.
For best results, I suggest the following:
- Sharp knife
- Celtic Sea Salt
- Good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parchment paper or Silpat
- Baking Sheet
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
Other Potato Sides You’ll Love:
If you love these crunchy baked potato wedges, you’ll also love these easy and delicious potato dishes!
Please click each link to find some of my favorite easy potato based sides: Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes, Cheesy Ham and Mashed Potato Casserole, Cheesy Sausage Potatoes and Cabbage, Crispy Herbed Potatoes, and The Best Irish Potato Pancakes Ever.
What To Serve With Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges
These crispy, crunchy potato wedges are delicious alongside most of your favorite easy recipes – but I am adding my favorites to pair with these perfect potatoes:
Also try Easy Baked Ranch Pork Tenderloin and Gravy Recipe, Easy Baked Pork Chops Recipe, The Best Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe, Perfect Grilled Souvlaki, The Best Oven Broiled Ribeye Steaks with Mushrooms Recipe, Easy Baked Everything Salmon Recipe, and Easy Braised Leg of Lamb Recipe.
Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 4 large boiler potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt , to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes into small wedges.
- Place potato wedges in cold water bath.
- Let potato wedges sit one hour. This helps to remove excess starch and will help the wedges crisp up more in the oven.
- After an hour, drain the water, and pat wedges dry with a paper towel.
- Toss with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet which has been generously sprayed with cooking spray or, preferably, lined with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes- until wedges start to get soft. You might want to stir the wedges at this point to prevent excessive sticking and to flip the wedges to the other side.
- Turn the oven to 450 and continue baking until crisp (about 15 minutes). If you get in a hurry, turn on the broiler to crisp up the wedges- but watch them closely, and stir them a few times to be sure all sides get some good crunch!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 369Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 0mgSodium 612mgCarbohydrates 64gFiber 7gSugar 4gProtein 8g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.