Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges – a delicious easy baked recipe for perfect crunchy potato wedges that are a huge family hit!
If you like chunky potato wedges, you’re going to love this easy method to make them at home anytime you want with no special equipment or fancy ingredients – just delicious crispy crunchy baked potato wedges with plenty of salt and pepper!
These crunchy baked potato wedges are perfect alongside steak, chicken, fish – they are a great easy hearty side dish that everyone loves!
These potato wedges are lightly coated in olive oil and salt and pepper before being baked to crunchy perfection so they taste just like potato wedges from your favorite restaurant.
If you’d like to add seasonings, like garlic salt, chicken salt (my Aussie family is obsessed with chicken salt on fries), truffle salt, herbs, or parmesan, these fries are a great base for just about any specialty french fry flavor you’d like, making them incredibly versatile for any meal!
These baked potato wedges are a spin off from my wildly popular Crunchy Baked Fries and Crispy Baked Shoestring Sweet Potato Fries recipes – please be sure to visit them to see the posts that inspired this delicious dish!
Just Take Me To The Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges Recipe Already!
If you’d like to skip my helpful tips and tricks for getting crispy baked potato wedges, as well as other recipe ideas, please scroll to the bottom of the post (just above the comments) where you can find the easy printable recipe.
How To Get Crunchy Potato Wedges in the Oven
The best part of restaurant style potato wedges is the delicious crispy crunch – which can be hard to get in the oven without the right technique.
Following these tips and tricks will help you get puffy and light potato wedges with a delicious crispy crunch!
- For absolute best results, soak potatoes in cold water for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- Be sure to pat fries dry well after soaking – excess water will release onto the baking sheet and might create steam which will slow the crisping.
- Soaking potatoes in water helps remove some of the starch so the potatoes cook faster and crisp up better in thee oven.
- Space potatoes out on baking sheet so they dont touch and have plenty of room to crisp up.
- Drizzle oil over potatoes and toss to coat evenly.
- Flip wedges occasionally as they cook.
- Keep heat high – check in on potatoes periodically to be sure they aren’t burning, but you want them to be at high heat to crisp.
- If your potatoes are cooked, but still not crunchy as you’d like them, pop them under the broiler for a minute or two and they will be magnificent!
To Make These Crunchy Potato Wedges You’ll Need:
These easy baked crunchy potato wedges are one of my favorite easy side dishes because you don’t need a ton of extra equipment or fancy ingredients.
For best results, I suggest the following:
- Sharp knife
- Celtic Sea Salt
- Good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Parchment paper or Silpat
- Baking Sheet
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
Other Potato Sides You’ll Love:
If you love these crunchy baked potato wedges, you’ll also love these easy and delicious potato dishes!
Please click each link to find some of my favorite easy potato based sides:
What To Serve With Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges
These crispy, crunchy potato wedges are delicious alongside most of your favorite easy recipes – but I am adding my favorites to pair with these perfect potatoes:
Crunchy Baked Potato Wedges Recipe
If you love these easy crunchy baked potato wedges as much as I do, please give them a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
I also love seeing recipes readers have tried out on Instagram – please tag #sweetcsloves so I can see your creations!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
Sign up to receive an email in your inbox for each new recipe:
- 4 large boiler potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp Sea salt , to taste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes into small wedges.
- Place potato wedges in cold water bath.
- Let potato wedges sit one hour. This helps to remove excess starch and will help the wedges crisp up more in the oven.
- After an hour, drain the water, and pat wedges dry with a paper towel.
- Toss with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet which has been generously sprayed with cooking spray or, preferably, lined with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes- until wedges start to get soft. You might want to stir the wedges at this point to prevent excessive sticking and to flip the wedges to the other side.
- Turn the oven to 450 and continue baking until crisp (about 15 minutes). If you get in a hurry, turn on the broiler to crisp up the wedges- but watch them closely, and stir them a few times to be sure all sides get some good crunch!
Amount Per ServingCalories 186 Saturated Fat 1g Sodium 602mg Carbohydrates 26g Fiber 5g Protein 5g