Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes - the most delicious easy mashed potatoes, right from your slow cooker to save space on busy Holiday dinners!
One of the hardest things to manage on Thanksgiving or other food-centric holidays is finding room on your stovetop to make everything.
The kitchen is crowded, hot and crazy- but it doesn't need to be.
Using your slow cooker, you can make these Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes without using up any precious stovetop space!
Just Take Me to The Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe Already!
If you'd like to skip my helpful tips and tricks and get straight to this slow cooker mashed potatoes recipe already, please scroll to the bottom of the post, right above comments, where you'll find my easy printable recipe.
I get a lot of questions in comments, so I try to provide a lot of extra information for my recipes that you can easily scroll past if you'd like.
This slow cooker mashed potato recipe is fabulous because you can cook, mash, keep warm and serve straight out of your crockpot.
Less dirty dishes, less stovetop space being hogged, and delicious, easy mashed potatoes!
Its a win-win-win.
Slow Cooker Mashed Potato Variations:
This recipe was my favorite after testing out other crockpot methods.
I tried some other recipes that involved adding milk and butter while the potatoes cook- but they all curdled when I tried them, so I just went with my gut and used my own basic mashed potato recipe, but using the slow cooker to cook the potatoes.
I am adding a couple variations I think are delicious though:
- Stir in heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and chives for a rich and cheesy mashed potato side nobody will be able to resist.
- Roasted garlic, rosemary, and celtic sea salt give a lovely earthy kick to mashed potatoes.
- Bacon and cheddar stirred into mashed potatoes are absolutely heavenly!
- Horseradish and a dash of Worcestershire sauce give mashed potatoes a zesty kick.
Other Delicious Holiday Dishes You'll Love:
If you love this easy slow cooker mashed potatoes recipe, please check out some of my other holiday dinner favorites - there is enough inspiration here for an out of this world Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner everyone will rave about for years to come!
And finally, to clear up even more space in your kitchen, check out my Smoked Turkey and take it outside. It is the best way to make turkey, ever. It stays super moist and juicy and the smoked flavor is a fantastic twist on traditional turkey.
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes Recipe
If you love this slow cooker mashed potato recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 2 pounds red potatoes, halved (I leave the peel on, but feel free to remove if you prefer)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Tbsp heavy cream or greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp garlic powder, optional or 5 garlic cloves, roasted and diced
- Salt and Pepper
- In crockpot, add 2 cups of water and potatoes.
- Cook on high for 1-2 hours or until potatoes are very soft to touch.
- Water should be almost evaporated and potatoes will mash when gently touched. If you have a lot of water leftover, drain it off. If you have under 1/2 cup, go ahead and leave it. This will help keep your potatoes from over drying while waiting for dinner to be done- so you can make them ahead of time.
- Add cream, butter, garlic and mash well using hand mixer or mashing utensil, right there in the crockpot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep potatoes on medium or low for up to 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 165Saturated Fat 5gCholesterol 28mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 2g