One Pot Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs and Asparagus
Paleo and Keto diet friendly One Pot Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs and Asparagus is a delicious low carb dinner that is also great over rice or pasta, or just over grilled vegetables for a creamy rich meal everyone loves! Bursting with lemon garlic flavor that is so delicious you’ll want to lick the pan!
My husband has been sticking to a keto diet ahead of new years resolution time – and has lost over 35 pounds eating rich, creamy, and totally indulgent foods.
We’ve always had a hard time dieting in our house, but the delicious low carb chicken dinners we’ve been coming up with lately have been a huge lifesaver – and this creamy chicken and asparagus recipe is one we’ve had time after time in our weekly rotation, and always love it!
While it’s hard to have an entire family on a diet, finding meals that can be easily converted into hearty carb-filled dinners has been key – and finding creamy dinners that are rich and filling for the dieter, but tasty and indulgent over pasta or rice has been a lifesaver.
This One Pot Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus is the perfect meal for starting a low carb keto or paleo diet – it is rich and creamy, bursting with flavor, and a dinner your whole family will love – regardless of them sharing your diet or not.
You can pour the creamy sauce and chicken over rice or linguine for a hearty family dinner, or have it alongside grilled vegetables or even cauliflower rice!
To Make This Recipe, You’ll Need:
Other One Pot Low Carb Chicken Dinners You’ll Love:
If you love this easy keto diet chicken and asparagus dinner, you’ll also love these creamy, rich and low-carb one pot dinner ideas:
If you make this recipe and love it, please be sure to give it a good rating below and share with your friends!
One Pot Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs and Asparagus Recipe
Paleo and Keto diet friendly One Pot Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken and Asparagus is a delicious low carb dinner that is also great over rice or pasta, or just over grilled vegetables for a creamy rich meal everyone loves! Bursting with lemon garlic flavor that is so delicious you'll want to lick the pan!
- 2 tbsp butter, clarified
- 4-6 chicken, thighs, boneless or bone-in
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup garlic, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup whipping cream, heavy
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning blend
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- 1/2 lemon, sliced into thin rounds
- Heat butter in a large pan over medium high heat.
- When butter is foamy and melted, add chicken thighs and cook on medium high until golden brown on each side, about 4 minutes per side (add extra minute per side if bones still in thigh).
- When chicken is browned and crisp, remove and set aside on plate lined with paper towel.
- Add onion to pan and cook to browned, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir to prevent burning. Cook until soft and fragrant.
- Add stock and let reduce, another 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add cream, whisking vigorously as you add to pan.
- Add chicken back to pan.
- When cream is well incorporated into sauce, return heat to medium high.
- Stir in lemon juice, parmesan cheese, herbs, red pepper flakes, lemon slices, and asparagus.
- Cook 5-8 minutes until chicken has reached 175 internal temperature and asparagus is soft and bright green.
- Top with additional parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately over pasta, rice, or with grilled vegetables.
Amount Per Serving Calories 241 Saturated Fat 13g Cholesterol 71mg Sodium 247mg Carbohydrates 8g Sugar 2g Protein 5g