Slow Cooker Olive Chicken Recipe
Jul 21, 2021, Updated May 20, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Olive Chicken Recipe – tender, juicy chicken breasts cooked with tangy, salty olives for a delicious easy crock pot dinner!
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Slow Cooker Olive Chicken
If you love the salty, briny flavor of olives – plus a tart, tangy flavor from pepperoncinis or banana peppers – this recipe is for you. We marinate chicken breasts in olive juices, along with plenty of herbs and spices, and then slow cooker to tender, juicy perfection.
Tender, delicious slow cooker chicken cooked in a salty, tangy, delicious herby olive marinade – this dinner is incredibly quick and easy, with amazing results every time. If you’re looking for a delicious, hearty keto low carb dish the whole family will love, you’re going to love this chicken dinner!
We’re absolutely loading this recipe up with flavor from buttery, tangy, salty olives and cooking chicken in the slow cooker, so you can go about your day and not have to worry about complicated cleanup. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
If you’re looking for a slightly different take on this recipe, be sure to check out our one pot chicken, sausage and olives dish!
- This dinner is truly set it and forget it – dump ingredients in the slow cooker and come back to a delicious chicken dinner!
- This dish is totally KETO – we’re using low carb ingredients like olives to pack a ton of flavor, without upping the carbs. Pair it with rice for kids and you have a dinner the whole family will love without having to compromise your diet!
- You can pick other kinds of olives, but we pick Kalamata and Castelvetrano olives and their brine, for their buttery flavor.
- Use either pepperoncini or banana peppers – it’s completely up to you and what you have on hand!
How Long to Cook Chicken Breasts in the Slow Cooker
Thick chicken cooks for about 4 hours in the slow cooker – when cooked on low. When cooked on high, it should take about 2 1/2 hours.
When Is Slow Cooker Chicken Done
Chicken breasts are done when they have reached 165 degrees internal temperature and are soft enough to give in with minimal pressure from the tines of a fork.
What to Serve With Slow Cooker Olive Chicken
To find more of our side dishes, look over some of our recent dishes here:
You can find our entire side dish recipe archives here.
Other Chicken Recipes You’ll Love
Some of our slow cooker chicken favorites are Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup, Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, Easy Keto Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls, and our 10 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup – which can be made in the Instant Pot, Stovetop, or Slow Cooker.
For more delicious, easy chicken recipes your whole family will love, please see some of our recent favorites:
You can click here for our complete chicken recipe index.
Olive chicken can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Chicken may be frozen for up to four months.
Chicken is fully cooked at 165 degrees internal temperature. We’re cooking to a soft texture, where chicken pulls with pressure from a fork tine.
Cook chicken in the slow cooker on low for four hours.
Chicken can be cooked on high for 2 1/2 hours.
Slow Cooker Olive Chicken Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media and get in on all the fun!
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, with juice
- 1/2 cup pitted castelvatrano olives, with juice
- 1/2 cup banana peppers or pepperoncini peppers (sliced or whole)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients except chicken into a plastic bag or large dish. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken and marinade for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Dump ingredients into slow cooker and cook on low for 4 - 4 1/2 hours.
- When chicken has reached 165 degrees and is soft enough to pull with a fork, it is done.
- Remove from slow cooker and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra expense to you.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 406Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 102mgSodium 608mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 3gSugar 16gProtein 39g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.