Spicy Lemon and Garlic Pan Fried Chicken Strips are a delicious, easy low-carb skillet dinner that are great in wraps, salads, with rice, or vegetables!
My husband and I have been eating a very low-carb diet lately, and had really great success with it. I've lost over 20 pounds so far, and he's close to 25 - and we've never been eating food we really, really love as much as we are now.
We've been focusing on rich, garlic-y, buttery, and slightly spicy foods that are great with vegetables - and these spicy lemon and garlic pan fried chicken strips are one of my favorite new recipes for eating low-carb!
These skillet chicken tenders garlic and lemon are so easy to make, and so delicious, you'll want them all the time!
The best part is these lemon and garlic chicken tenders with no breading are so delicious they are great whether you're low-carb or not!
These low carb chicken strips make great salad and wrap additions, are awesome over zoodles or rice, or just as-is for a delicious, slightly spicy, and rich low-carb pan fried chicken strip with no breading!
Tips to Perfect Pan Fried Chicken Strips
-Use high heat. When cooking the chicken, you want it to cook quickly on high heat - but you need to watch to not burn the butter. Heat the pan as high as you can without burning the butter!
-Watch the chicken tenders closely - they do dry out when overcooked. You want them to be fully cooked, but don't keep them sautéing more than that.
-Don't be afraid of substitutions! If you're not a huge garlic fan, swap it out for something you like more. If you're not going low carb, toss the chicken in a sweet chili sauce when cooked! This is a great basic recipe you can really make your own with flavors you love.
If you love this recipe, please visit some of my other favorite easy chicken dinners, and share them with your friends!
I love simple, easy, and delicious chicken dinners and have a few I think you will really enjoy!
Other Easy One Pot Chicken Dinners You Will Love:
Spicy Tequila Lime Chicken Fettuccine
Cheesy stuffed chicken parmesan
Whole Roasted Montreal Chicken
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
One Pot Lemon Chicken and Asparagus
You can find a wide selection of my favorite chicken recipes here -
and click here to sign up for my FREE newsletter delivered right to your inbox every time there is a new post!
Spicy Lemon Garlic Pan Fried Chicken Strips Recipe
If you'd like to watch the recipe video, please click below:
Spicy Lemon and Garlic Pan Fried Chicken Strips
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb chicken, Sliced
- 2 salt, celtic sea
- 2 teaspoon pepper, fresh cracked
- ½ cup white wine or chicken stock
- ¼ cup diced garlic
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, this is a rough amount - treat this as you would salt or pepper and add more or less as you'd like
- ¼ cup diced cilantro
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ lemon, sliced into thin wedges
- In a large, heavy pan heat butter until melted on medium high heat - as hot as you can get your pan without burning the butter.
- Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Salt and pepper chicken generously while cooking.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with wine or stock, let cook down - about 2 minutes. Be sure to scrape all the browned bits off the bottom of the pan!
- Add garlic to pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and stock has mostly cooked off - another 3-4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Add red pepper flakes and cilantro, stir.
- Add back chicken to pan, toss well to coat in sauce.
- Continue to heat for 1-2 minutes until chicken has absorbed a bit of the sauce.
- Serve hot with rice, vegetables, in a wrap or over a salad!
Amount Per Serving Calories 355Saturated Fat 12gCholesterol 115mgSodium 391mgCarbohydrates 2gProtein 21g
Omg this recipe is fantastic I've even made it without the red flakes and it was still great! Will be making it again family and friend favorite.
Just tried it with mixed vegetables and turned out amazing ?.