Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe – delicious creamy chicken alfredo right from the Instant Pot for almost no cleanup!
This alfredo is super simple, and designed to be quick from start, easy to clean up, and full of flavor.
We love making one pot dishes – and while I thought it sounded weird originally, I am always blown away by how delicious pasta comes out in an instant pot.
Cooking the pasta in the Instant Pot with the alfredo sauce helps the sauce emulsify, and keeps it creamy, velvety, and delicious – similar to our Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs.
To see our web story for this recipe, click here.
Here at Sweet C’s, we have lots of types of readers – those who like to get straight to the recipe, and those who would like more information, including tips and tricks to feeling more comfortable in the kitchen.
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
What Chicken To Use
This recipe calls for chicken breast, but you can also use leftover chicken, or pulled rotisserie chicken.
Cut chicken breasts into 2″ chunks, and remove any fat or gristle.
If you prefer dark meat, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2″ chunks.
Cooking Pasta In An Instant Pot
After cooking the chicken, add the chicken stock, heavy cream, dried pasta, and salt.
Snap dry pasta in half.
Add the lid to the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is in the sealing position.
Don’t stir pasta – it helps the texture and will come out better without stirring.
Set the timer for 5 minutes.
When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position. Be careful– the valve will steam and may splatter.
What to Serve With Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
This easy pasta pairs perfectly with lots of dishes – but we love to serve creamy, rich pastas with easy vegetable dishes that don’t weigh you down but deliver on flavor.
We’re listing some of our favorites below:
To find our complete side dish recipe archive, please click here.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love
If you love this delicious alfredo, be sure to check out some of our other favorite easy Instant Pot Recipes!
- Instant Pot Italian Shredded Beef
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Story
- The Best Instant Pot Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
- The Best Easy Instant Pot Lobster Tails Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Korean Beef Recipe
- Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rice
For more of our favorite Instant Pot Recipes, be sure to check our complete index for The Best Easy Instant Pot Recipes!
This recipe can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to four days.
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe
If you love this easy recipe, please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe - delicious creamy chicken alfredo right from the Instant Pot for almost no cleanup!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 3 cloves)
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces dried fettuccine pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Parsley, to garnish
- Red pepper flakes, if desired
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute-Normal function.
- Add the olive oil and allow it to heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is browned on all sides.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Next, add the chicken stock, heavy cream, dried pasta, and salt.
- Add the lid to the Instant Pot and ensure the valve is in the sealing position.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes. When the Instant Pot has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the “venting” position. Be careful-- the valve will steam and may splatter.
- Return the Instant Pot to the Saute-Normal function.
- Stir and cook until the liquid has reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the parmesan and stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days.
To save time, substitute the chicken breast for rotisserie chicken and skip steps one and two.
I always recommend using low sodium chicken stock if you have it available. If you don’t have chicken stock, water would also work.
I highly recommend using heavy cream in this recipe. Milk will thin the alfredo sauce too much.
Make sure to use a thick pasta in this recipe (such as fettuccine or tagliatelle)-- thin pastas (such as angel hair) will become overcooked.
Fresh Parmigiano Reggiano is a delicious splurge if you have it available! I recommend buying a block and grating it as needed for the most flavor.
Amount Per Serving Calories 718Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 190mgSodium 1298mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 53g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Sweet C’s Favorites
If you love this easy recipe, be sure to check out more of our reader favorites.
These tried and true dishes are loaded with family friendly flavor everyone loves!