The Best Instant Pot Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe - juicy, tender turkey breast roasted in an instant pot for a perfect easy Thanksgiving dinner!
My secret to a stress-free Thanksgiving - or turkey dinner - without having to worry about the bird taking up all the oven space?
My Instant Pot!
This little countertop appliance does so many things - its a pressure cooker and extra stovetop surface, all in one - and it is my secret to a perfect, juicy, tender turkey that won't dry out!
And hello... it doesn't take up ANY space in the oven!
This recipe is perfect for smaller Thanksgivings,
If you're hosting Thanksgiving for a small crowd - or just don't want to hassle with a big bird - this tender, juicy, never dry Instant Pot turkey breast will be your favorite new recipe!
Just Take Me To The Best Instant Pot Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe Already!
I have cooks of all levels of experience on my site, and I get a lot of questions and requests for additional information on my recipes.
If you'd rather skip over all that (I promise I'm not going to bore you with personal stories....) please scroll to the bottom of the page just above comments where you will find the easy printable recipe card.
How To Cook Turkey in Instant Pot
If you've never pressure cooked a turkey breast, you might not know that it gives the most juicy and moist turkey breast - with crunchy, delicious and crispy turkey skin.
While I LOVE more traditional recipes for Thanksgiving like my Easy Smoked Turkey or Brown Bag Turkey - or even my Orange Glazed Ham or Bourbon Molasses Glazed ham - sometimes we have smaller celebrations and I don't want to go through with the hassle of a giant main course we will be eating for leftovers for the next weeks - and opt for a smaller turkey breast.
Turkey breasts are incredibly easy to cook in an instant pot - its really just season, cook, and serve - but the tips below will help you get perfect never-dry turkey breast from your instant pot, every time you make it.
Tips to Cook Turkey Breast in an Instant Pot:
Add can lifter to bottom of the Instant Pot to easily place your turkey breast in your instant pot, and for effortless removal.
How Long to Cook Turkey Breast in the Instant Pot
When using an electric pressure cooker, it's important to know timing and what kind of release to use.
Thankfully cooking turkey breast in thee Instant Pot is super easy - and these tips will help you get a perfectly cooked turkey breast from your instant pot every time.
Cook with high pressure for 5 minutes per pound, about 35 minutes for a standard 7 pound turkey breast.
This will NOT take into account any time needed to bring the Instant Pot to pressure - OR the time it takes to naturally release pressure/resting time after cooking - so count on about an hour twenty minutes total time when planning your meal around the turkey.
What Temperature To Cook Turkey To
When your turkey is fully cooked, it should reach 165 degrees with a thermometer placed into the fattest part of the breast (be careful to not hit the bone, as it will make your turkey's temperature reading inaccurate.)
Can You Brown Turkey in Instant Pot
The Instant Pot doesn't brown food well - my only big complaint with it.
When using an Instant Pot with the regular lid, it just doesn't crisp up - but that is no matter for this recipe.
I am providing two ways to crisp your turkey breast skin below - one that involves an accessory for the Instant Pot, and one that involves a few minutes under a broiler.
Crisp Turkey Skin in Instant Pot With Crisp Lid
There are crisp lids you can find to help actually crisp the skin of the meat you're roasting in the Instant Pot - making this an easy one-step recipe.
A crisp lid helps direct heat to crisp the skin of turkey and is a breeze to work with!
Crisp Skin In Instant Pot Without Crisp Lip
Since turkey skin is even better when crisp, it's necessary to broil for just a few minutes to crisp your turkey skin after cooking in the instant pot if you want perfect crispy skin.
If you'd like to get an extra browned, crispy turkey breast - please pop under the broiler after cooking for 5-10 minutes to crisp skin!
Slow Cooker Turkey Breast
If you're looking for a delicious, knockout, absolutely no-fail turkey breast to cook in a slow cooker, instead of an Instant Pot, please check out my turkey breast in gravy slow cooker recipe below.
It is so simple literally ANYONE can get perfect, juicy, tender turkey in a flavorful gravy - just cook and pour in gravy for the most delicious turkey ever - and it's great to serve to groups or at a big potluck because all you need to do to serve is get a giant spoonful and heap it over some mashed potatoes!
Easy Turkey Brine
While this recipe doesn't need a brine, I'm adding my recipe for an easy turkey brine in case you don't mind the extra step - while not necessary, brining your turkey will always come out with the most flavor and tenderness - and it's something I always reccomend if you have time.
Easy Turkey Brine Ingredients:
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 gallon vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons allspice berries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 teaspoons savory
- 1 gallon ice cubes
Easy Turkey Brine Instructions
- Bring all ingredients, except ice to a boil.
- After you reach a rolling boil, turn off heat and let cool.
- Combine cooled brine with ice inside a large bag in a beverage cooler, stock pot, or other large container with a tight fitting lid.
- Submerge turkey and seal container.
- Brine for at least 12 hours and up to 3 days - be sure to keep turkey cold with ice as it brines.
Easy Turkey Gravy
There is nothing better than a delicious, hearty, and rich gravy over turkey and creamy mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving... and thankfully this gravy recipe is crazy easy to make in your Instant Pot while your turkey rests before carving.
I am not adding the gravy in the Instant Pot Turkey Breast recipe below to make sure it is as easy as possible to follow, so please bookmark this recipe for the super delicious and easy gravy:
Easy Turkey Gravy Ingredients
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup turkey drippings
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Easy Turkey Gravy Instructions
- Pour the pan drippings from your turkey breast into a large bowl or measuring cup.
- In the bottom of your instant pot set to medium, melt butter.
- Add flour, pepper, and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes until slightly fragrant - do not let burn.
- Pour the turkey drippings into the pot, without adding the fat which should have separated off from the drippings.
- You can skim the fat off the top using a fork or spoon.
- Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add the stock and whisk to combine.
- Bring the gravy to a slow simmer, whisking occasionally.
- When gravy has thickened, remove from heat and transfer to a gravy boat for serving.
The Best Recipes To Serve With Turkey Breast
If you're looking for perfect easy dishes to serve with this amazingly delicious instant pot turkey, check out some of my all time favorites below!
How To Store and Reheat Instant Pot Roasted Turkey Breast Leftovers
After cooking your Instant Pot Turkey breast, you might have leftovers!
While I love eating sliced leftover turkey cold on sandwiches, I have a perfect method to reheat turkey breast without making it tough, chewy, or dry.
While you can microwave your turkey, this method will produce the absolute best results.
For best results, use the following tips to make your leftovers just as delicious when storing and reheating:
Store turkey leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
To freeze leftover turkey breast, tightly wrap turkey breast in plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
When reheating, let frozen turkey thaw naturally in the refrigerator overnight.
To reheat thawed turkey breast, wrap in foil with 2 tbsp chicken stock or gravy drizzled over turkey.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 degres about 15 minutes or until piping hot.
The Best Instant Pot Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe
If you love The Best Instant Pot Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe as much as I do, please give it a five star review (simply click the stars in the recipe below) and help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
The Best Instant Pot Roasted Turkey Breast Recipe – juicy, tender turkey breast roasted in an instant pot for a perfect easy Thanksgiving dinner!
- 7 lb bone-in skin-on turkey breast
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tbsp Italian Herbs Blend
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Optional Aromatics:
- 1 medium onion chopped into large slices
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 1 orange or lemon, sliced thin
- Pat turkey dry with paper towels.
- Generously rub turkey breast with softened butter - rub butter all around turkey, and carefully lift up skin to rub butter under turkey skin, too.
- Stuff turkey breast cavity with aromatics.
- Add chicken stock to the bottom of Instant Pot.
- Coat turkey breast with herbs and spices.
- Place on can lifter and lower into Instant Pot.
- Place lid on Instant Pot.
- Set valve the sealing.
- Press "manual", set timer to 35 minutes High Pressure.
- When the IP is done cooking, let pressure release naturally... don't manually release pressure.
- Remove turkey from Instant Pot (be sure to take care when opening pressure cooker, even if you think all pressure has been released, and always open away from your face) and place on a baking sheet.
- Tent with foil for at least 10 minutes before carving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 709Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 349mgSodium 1007mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 121g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.
Other Popular Recipes From Sweet C's:
If you loved that easy Instant Pot Turkey Breast recipe be sure to check out some of my other favorite easy recipes!