The Best Easy Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe - super simple roasted whole cauliflower for a tender, delicious, never bitter cauliflower flavor everyone loves!
If you're looking for a delicious, easy, and super simple spin on cauliflower (that actually tastes great), look no further.
This whole roasted cauliflower is a knockout - full of flavor, and incredibly healthy.
This cauliflower is naturally low carb and keto friendly, so it won't break your macros for the day.
We're slow roasting an entire head of cauliflower to help reduce the bitter flavor, and bring out a really simple, delicious nutty and buttery flavor that even picky eaters love - this is one of my all time favorite ways to eat cauliflower!
To see our web story for this recipe, click here.
We hope you love this easy roasted cauliflower recipe as much as we do!
Here at Sweet C's, we have lots of types of readers - those who want to get straight to the recipe, and those who need more information to feel more comfortable in the kitchen.
To better serve all readers, we have a "skip to recipe" button in the top left corner of each page to save you from scrolling.
We also have a clickable table of contents below that can help you navigate quickly through our recipe.
Table of contents
How To Roast Whole Cauliflower
Roasting cauliflower is incredibly easy - it just needs to be prepped, and then thrown in the oven.
To start roasting your cauliflower, you'll cook, covered with foil, for 30 minutes.
Covering the cauliflower in the pan with foil helps to steam the cauliflower from the inside out - making it soft and tender, without too much water cooking off.
Don't skip the foil cover - it helps keep the perfect texture of the cauliflower without over drying.
After your cauliflower head has roasted and steamed in the oven for 30 minutes, remove the foil and cook for an additional hour, letting the cauliflower get lovely golden brown.
Other Cauliflower Recipes You'll Love
If you love this easy cauliflower, please check out more of our other favorite cauliflower based recipes!
- The Best Ever Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- The Best Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- Garlic Lemon Baby Cauliflower Recipe
- The Best Easy Keto Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- Easy Cauliflower Steaks With Red Pepper Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower with Cilantro Cashew Pesto
- Bacon Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli Recipe
- Paleo Salmon Taco Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
You can find our entire cauliflower recipe archives here.
What to Serve With Whole Roasted Cauliflower
This delicious keto side dish pairs perfectly alongside our favorite easy main dishes like our Baked Garlic Butter Pork Tenderloin, The Best Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks, Baked Ranch Chicken Thighs, and The Best Ribeye Roast Recipe!
To find some more of our favorite main dishes, please check them out below:
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steaks Recipe
- Salisbury Steaks With Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Huli Huli Chicken Kabobs
- Air Fryer Blackened Shrimp Recipe
- The Best Oven Broiled Ribeye Steaks with Mushrooms Recipe
- The Best Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
You can find our entire main dish recipe index here.
Since this recipe will be covered in foil, we're basically steaming it right in the pan while roasting in the first step - so you do not need to steam before roasting.
We love this whole roasted cauliflower as a side to any of our keto main dishes, seafood, or even other vegan recipes!
Many recipes call for roasting a whole head of cauliflower in a cast iron skillet. While we do love the extra crunch and browning the pan gives, we found we had similar results with other pans as well - use whatever you have on hand.
The Best Easy Whole Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Whole roasted cauliflower - super simple roasted whole cauliflower for a tender, delicious, never bitter cauliflower flavor everyone loves!
- 1 head cauliflower, stem trimmed off
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe's Everything but the Elote seasoning, optional
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Remove stem and any leaves from cauliflower head.
- Cover cauliflower in olive oil, rub in well.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and optional seasoning.
- Place in baking dish and cover with foil.
- Roast for 30 minutes with foil.
- Remove foil and continue to roast until golden brown and softened, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool - cauliflower will be extremely hot.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 87Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 132mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.