Pineapple Jalapeño Salad Recipe – sweet and spicy pineapple and jalapeños with shallots, cucumber, lime juice, and pepper!
This spicy, sweet, and cooling salad is bursting with fresh flavor – with fresh jalapeños, sweet pineapple, shallots, and cooling cucumber.
You can also up the greens by mixing in spinach, kale, romaine or other lettuce blends to make this salad more substantial – or serve it over cauliflower rice!
We hope you love this simple, delicious salad as much as we do!
We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
How To Make Jalapeno Pineapple Salad
This salad is super simple – chop and dice vegetables and aromatics, toss with lime juice and olive oil, and enjoy!
There are a couple tips to make perfect pineapple jalapeno salad every time:
- Let salad chill at least 30 minutes – this lets the flavor come together, and allows the jalapeño heat to settle a bit
- Jalapeños will pack less of a punch if diced instead of sliced into rings
- Remove jalapeño seeds to lessen heat
- Diced pineapple doesn’t taste as sweet as crushed pineapple in this dish – use whichever works for you, but drain liquid as much as you can
- Fresh or canned pineapple works in this recipe
What Vegetables To Use In Pineapple Jalapeno Salad
We’re using shallots and cucumber to bring more flavor to this simple salad – but if you don’t like cucumber or shallots, you can replace with our suggestions below!
If you don’t have shallots or don’t like them, you can swap for diced white onion, diced garlic, or diced red onion.
The following vegetables work well either in addition to the cucumber, or in place of cucumber:
- Bell peppers
- Sugar snap peas
How To Cut Jalapeños Without Burning Your Hands
Jalapeño hands are awful – the oil from jalapeños can get into your hands and irritate them – and the worst part is, it can take hours to feel the pain!
To help prevent burning and stinging hands after handling jalapeños, use our tips below:
- Use gloves to cut fresh jalapeños – using gloves is the best way to prevent stinging jalapeño hands
- Rub hands in olive oil before cutting jalapeños – let it sink in to act as a barrier from letting jalapeño oils from sinking in
- Wash hands with a bit of olive oil to remove any jalapeno oil that may have touched your hands, and then scrub with a dish soap that is great at de-greasing to wash away any excess jalapeño oil
Other Salads You’ll Love
If you love this super easy salad, check out some of our other favorite salads below:
You can find our entire salad recipe archives here.
What to Serve With Jalapeño Pineapple Salad
If you’re looking for tons of southwest inspired flavor, check out some of our favorite recipes to serve with pineapple jalapeño salad:
You can find our complete taco, burrito, fajitas, and sides recipe archives here.
This salad is best made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Pineapple Jalapeño Salad Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed, and cut into slices or diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 can diced pineapple or 1/2 can crushed pineapple
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- Mix ingredients and toss well.
- Place in an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 172Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1064mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 4gSugar 21gProtein 2g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.