Garlic Lemon Baby Cauliflower Recipe
Apr 06, 2021, Updated Oct 18, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Garlic Lemon Baby Cauliflower Recipe – pan fried baby cauliflower loaded with tons of lemon and garlic flavor for an easy vegan side dish that is keto compatible and low carb!
This delicious, easy side dish is keto diet compatible, naturally low carb and gluten free, can be made completely vegan (skip the butter and only use olive oil), and is great alongside all of your favorite main dishes like pork tenderloin, air fried steaks, baked ranch chicken thighs, and more!
If you love my delicious (and crazy easy!) 10 Minute Broccolini recipe, you’re going to love this lemon-packed cauliflower twist!
Be sure to check out our Meyer Lemon Broccolini, Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli, Lemon Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken Wings, The Best Easy Lemon Bars Recipe, Easy Lemon Jello Poke Cake Recipe, and our Lemon Drop Martini Recipe if you have a craving for lemons!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Don’t want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
What is Baby Cauliflower
Baby cauliflower (one brand being CAULILINI®), is a young, immature version of cauliflower, that is picked when it is still in a tightly packed bundle instead of a big round ball.
Baby cauliflower is less bitter, and can have a delicious, light flavor – but does need to be cooked a bit longer to soft.
How To Pan Fry Baby Cauliflower
These methods will help you get perfect cauliflower that isn’t bitter, every time.
- Cook to soft, but don’t overcook. Mushy baby cauliflower is pretty flavorless, so you’ll want to cook to soft, but not mushy.
- Brown baby cauliflower well. You should have lots of browned charred bits – they add SO much delicious buttery flavor – don’t stir or flip too often, and let cauliflower really crisp and brown in the pan.
What To Serve With Baby Cauliflower
To see our complete main dish recipe archives, click here.
Other Low Carb Sides You’ll Love
If you’re looking for additional low carb side dishes, we’re sharing our favorites:
To see our complete keto side dish recipe archives, click here.
This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to four days.
Garlic Lemon Baby Cauliflower Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Pease also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
Follow on Instagram
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package baby cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- celtic sea salt, ½ tsp
- ¼ cup water
- In a large pan, heat butter until it is melted on medium high.
- Add olive oil and garlic, toss until fragrant (about 30 seconds.)
- Add baby cauliflower, toss frequently until browned and bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt, toss over broccolini.
- Add lemon juice and water, cook until liquid is cooked down and baby cauliflower is soft, another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 67Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 8mgSodium 294mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 0g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.