Can you tell I’m in a major sweets phase? These Peppermint Brownies are some of the yummiest treats I’ve whipped up in a while, and they are perfect for all the holiday parties coming up! I’m partnering my tried-and-true brownie recipe from scratch (an adaptation from my culinary idol, Alton Brown), and crushed candy canes, along with some additional peppermint-y flavors! You can have these delicious, gooey brownies from start to finish in under 30 minutes, and I’m showing my favorite trick for making quick-cooking brownies that don’t leave a mess in your pans.
(ps if you didn’t see my loaded s’mores brownie post, you might want to check it out. Not only are they yummy- but I’m sharing a slightly embarrassing moment from the shopping trip where I picked up the ingredients for these brownies.)
The tip for quick-cooking brownies is to cook them… in silicone muffin pans! I love making brownies this way- they are cleaner, you don’t have to scrape and scrape a pan forever, and they are perfectly portioned for you. PLUS, they cook faster than in a big pan! SCORE!
You could use a regular muffin pan, but I’d grease it like there was no tomorrow if you do. Also maybe sprinkle a little flour to be sure. There is nothing worse than cleaning out muffin pans in my book, so I am trying to slowly add more silicon ones into my gear.
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 stick melted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup flour
- 6 crushed candy canes- 12 mini candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease silicone muffin pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter and mix until soft.
- Add vanilla and eggs, and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in flour and cocoa, mix well but do not overmix.
- Pour in ½ crushed candy canes.
- Mix well.
- Pour into muffin pan, about ¾ full.
- Bake until toothpick comes out completely clean, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with other half crushed candy canes.