Cheesy Baked Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe - delicious pork chops stuffed full of mushrooms, cheese, and peppers!
How to stuff pork chops, get perfect juicy and tender pork every time, what pork chops to use, and more for the perfect pork chop dinner your family will love.
These stuffed pork chops are loaded with cheesy flavor and have lots of peppers and mushrooms - so they have a great colorful appearance and rich flavor the whole family will ask for again and again.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do.
Don't want all the extras in a recipe post? We provide a skip to recipe button in the top left corner, as well as a clickable table of contents, just below, to help make this page easier to navigate.
Table of contents
Cheesy Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
If you love pork chops, and you're looking for a delicious, cheesy twist on the classic, you're going to love this recipe.
We have a major thing for pork here - from The Best Garlic Baked Pork Tenderloin recipe with over 3,000 five star reviews, to The Best Crispy Baked Pork Shoulder Recipe, to Garlic Brown Sugar Pork Chops Recipe to Easy Slow Cooker Pork Steaks, The Best Smoked Pork Ribs, The Best Air Fryer Pork Chops, Garlic Herb Butter Baked Pork Loin and Potatoes, and Pork Chops With Creamy Dijon Sauce - we just love pork!
This dish is no different - it is loaded with tons of light, delicious flavor that please a crowd, and come together in a pinch.
Here are just some of the reasons we're obsessed with this super simple stuffed pork chop dinner:
- Almost no cleanup - lift the foil off a baking sheet and throw it away and you're done!
- Can be prepped up to two days ahead of time, so you have dinner ready when you are.
- Easy to customize - use different veggies or cheese for picky eaters!
- Low carb and keto diet compatible!
What Kind of Pork Chops To Stuff
When stuffing pork chops, you do not want to stuff very thick or very thin chops for the best results - go for a ½" - 1" thick cut.
- Pork chops that are too thin will be hard to cut in half and stuff without cutting through.
- Pork chops that are too thick cook unevenly when stuffed - it is absolutely essential to heat the stuffed center to 135 degrees just like the rest of the pork!
When Are Pork Chops Done Cooking
Pork is considered fully cooked and safe to eat when the internal temperature has reached 135 degreesF when probed with a meat thermometer.
Pork can have a slight pink appearance when fully cooked - this is normal, and is not a sign the pork is not fully cooked.
Always go off the temperature on your thermometer, instead of time on a clock or appearance of the meat, when judging the meat's doneness.
What Temperature To Bake Pork Chops At
For the most tender, delicious pork, we like to cook at a higher heat, as quickly as possible while baking and melting the cheesy stuffing. Bake at 375F.
What To Serve With Pork Chops
Pork chops pair perfectly with a number of flavors - they are great with potatoes, asparagus, salads, and sides like our buttery soft dinner rolls, Keto Garlic Artichoke Rolls Recipe, Easy Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe, Whole Roasted Onions Recipe, Garlic Butter Roasted Potatoes Recipe, and more of our delicious side dishes!
To get more of our favorite recent side dish recipes, find them here:
You can find the rest of our side dish recipes here.
Other Pork Chops Recipes
Find our recent pork chop recipes here:
Find the rest of our pork chop recipes here.
Pork is done cooking at 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
Baked pork chops can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Pork may be pre-stuffed and refrigerated for cooking later up to two days in advance. Store in an airtight container.
Cheesy Baked Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
If you love this easy recipe please click the stars below to give it a five star rating and leave a comment! Please also help me share on facebook and pinterest!
CONNECT WITH SWEET C’S!
Be sure to follow me on social media, so you never miss a post!
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | Pinterest | Instagram
Only have 30 minutes to get dinner on the table? Sign up for my 30 minute dinner plans direct to your inbox!
Find and shop my favorite products in my Amazon storefront here!
Cheesy Baked Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe - delicious pork chops stuffed full of cheese and peppers for a delicious easy dinner everyone loves!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless pork chops, 1 - 1 1/1" thick
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- ¼ cup mushrooms, diced
- ½ cup diced bell pepper (we used red pepper, but any color is fine)
- 1 tablespoon montreal steak seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- In a nonstick pan, add olive oil and heat on medium high heat until shimmery.
- Add garlic, onion, pepper, and mushroom. Season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook 5-8 minutes, until softened, browned, and fragrant. Set aside.
- Pat pork dry from any liquid in the package with a paper towel.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a small pocket into each pork chop so you can stuff it. Insert the point of a small sharp knife horizontally into the fat-covered side. Move the knife back and forth to create a deep pocket about 1 ½ inches wide - be careful not to rip through the pork chop.
- Stuff pork chops with cheese and browned vegetables. You can secure with a toothpick, or leave unsecured and bake. Season well with montreal steak seasoning (or any seasoning blend you love.)
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until a digital thermometer registers 135 degrees throughout. Take care to ensure all stuffing has reached 135 degrees as it can cook unevenly.
- When fully cooked, let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 532Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 136mgSodium 710mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 46g
Nutrition is automatically calculated by Nutritionix - please verify all nutrition information independently and consult with a doctor or nutritionist for any and all medical and diet advice.